Dr. Sanjay Gupta says we have been misled on marijuana

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary: In Canada, where it's been decriminalized for personal use, the number of teenagers using it has dropped. This is likely due to the fact that it's no longer seen as "cool" or rebellious, and also because it's harder for them to access it since it's not sold by dealers on the street anymore. It's also easier to regulate and enforce age restrictions when it's legalized and sold through legitimate businesses.In summary, Dr. Sanjay Gupta, a medical expert and filmmaker, has changed his stance on marijuana and now advocates for its legalization. He has extensively researched the topic and found that the harm caused by criminalizing marijuana outweighs the potential harm of its use. Gupta argues that marijuana should not be classified as
Turns out that "Dr. Gupta" is an assumed name. This photo of "Dr. Gupta" in a candid moment should shed a whole lot of light on the matter. :biggrin:

(So shoot me, I thought the thread could do with some levity). :tongue2:

Attachments

• k.jpg
    k.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 369
Biology news on Phys.org
No, I didn't watch it. Despite the importance of this debate, I think Dr. Gutpa is really just shifting towards popular opinion to stay relevant, honestly.

This made me laugh.

http://news.yahoo.com/cops-dealing-doritos-post-legalization-hempfest-070354736.html

In today's news. http://news.yahoo.com/feds-wont-sue-stop-marijuana-2-states-173520230--politics.html
the Justice Department said Thursday that states can let people use the drug, license people to grow it and even allow adults to stroll into stores and buy it — as long as the weed is kept away from kids, the black market and federal property.

The policy change embraces what Justice Department officials called a "trust but verify" approach between the federal government and states that enact recreational drug use.