Looking for a Calculator App with Unit Functionality?

In summary, the conversation discusses the search for a calculator app that can handle units. The speaker mentions using Google search but prefers a more dedicated calculator app. They then share a recommendation for the app "Graph 89 Free" which runs a ROM of the TI-89 Titanium and allows for unit conversions. The speaker emphasizes that it is illegal to download the ROM without owning the physical calculator.
buddhaskillet
Does anyone know of any calculator apps that can deal with units? I know I can do it on google search, but I was looking for something more like a calculator. I found this one: http://physyapps.com but it's only for iphone and mac.

Thanks,

Paul

Computer science news on Phys.org
The app "Graph 89 Free" on the play store will run a ROM of the TI-89 Titanium, which has built in units and unit conversions. The app is free, but the ROM must be acquired elsewhere. However, it it ILLEGAL to download the ROM or extract it from a TI-89 if you do not own it. If you own, go right ahead and use the app. I love it. It works perfectly and has exactly the same functionality as my physical 89, and I can even transfer programs between the two.

1. What is a "Calculator App with units"?

A calculator app with units is a digital tool designed to perform mathematical calculations while also allowing the user to specify the units of measurement for each input and output.

2. What are the benefits of using a "Calculator App with units"?

Using a calculator app with units can help avoid errors in calculations due to unit mismatches. It also provides convenience by allowing users to convert between different units of measurement in one tool.

3. Can I use this app for any type of calculation?

Yes, a calculator app with units can handle a wide range of mathematical operations, including basic arithmetic, trigonometry, and unit conversions.

4. Are there any limitations to using a "Calculator App with units"?

While a calculator app with units is a useful tool, it may not be suitable for complex or specialized calculations that require more advanced mathematical functions or formulas.

5. Is a "Calculator App with units" accurate?

Most calculator apps with units use accurate and up-to-date conversion rates and formulas to ensure precise calculations. However, it is always important to double-check the results for accuracy.