Messages not completely displayed

• Complaint
  • Thread starter RJ Emery
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolved around the issue of messages not being fully displayed, with only the first paragraph being shown. The person has tried using different browsers and searching for an option to change this, but without success. They are looking for a way to see the full message and not just the top part. Suggestions were made to attach a screenshot of the issue, with instructions on how to do so.
RJ Emery
I have found that messages are not being fully displayed. Only the first paragraph or so is shown. I have tried using different browsers, and I have searched unsuccessfully for an option that might be controlling this behavior. I do wish to see the full message, not just the top part.

What can be done to correct this behavior?

Physics news on Phys.org
Can you give us a screenshot showing this effect? As far as I can tell messages are displayed correctly on all browsers and all computers I have access to.

Not a behavior I have seen or even heard about. RJ, tell us more about it. I would look towards your system as the culprit as opposed to anything to do with the site, so let's see if we can figure it out.

How could I attach a screen shot to demonstrate the condition I am seeing?

RJ Emery said:
How could I attach a screen shot to demonstrate the condition I am seeing?

During the message creation look below the editor for "manage attachments".

1] When you see the problem on your screen, press the PRT SCRN button. This will capture it to the clipboard.
2] Open some picture editor of your choice and PASTE from the clipboard. Save the pic.
3] Now, compose your message and add the attachment.

What causes messages to not be completely displayed?

There can be several reasons for messages not being completely displayed, such as technical issues with the messaging platform, slow internet connection, or incorrect formatting of the message.

How can I fix messages not being completely displayed?

If the issue is related to technical problems, try refreshing the page or restarting the messaging application. If the issue persists, check your internet connection and make sure it is stable. If the message is incorrectly formatted, try editing it to see if it displays properly.

Why are only some parts of the message showing up?

If only certain parts of the message are showing up, it could be due to the size limit of the message. Some messaging platforms have a character or size limit for messages, so if the message exceeds that limit, only a portion of it will be displayed.

Can I prevent messages from not being completely displayed?

As a recipient of the message, there is not much you can do to prevent messages from not being completely displayed. However, as a sender, you can try to keep your messages concise and within the character or size limit set by the messaging platform.

Are there any other factors that could affect message display?

Yes, other factors such as outdated software, browser compatibility issues, or a glitch in the messaging platform can also affect the display of messages. It is always a good idea to keep your software and browsers updated to avoid any potential issues.