How to Create Mathematical Expressions That Simplify Into Words?

• Thread starter zorro
  • Start date
In summary, the person is looking for mathematical expressions that, when simplified or integrated or differentiated, will result in popular computer-related words. They have provided some examples and are asking for more suggestions. They also mention an article about this topic and share a question that their calculus teacher showed them on the last day of class.
zorro
I have this Computer Science tech. fest coming up in my college. I am assigned to collect a few questions for a particular event. Basically the question should be a mathematical expression which on simplifying/integrating/differentiating or applying any other mathematical operation should reduce to something amazing (like a popular word).

ex: Simplify e^{b(y2...some characters)}

Simplifying this should give a word like ebay.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Computer science news on Phys.org
umm I think we can't use computers, it should be solvable manually.

log[x]=b*a
x^y = ?

That's fine with the example I gave.
I need similar questions.

dats a great idea!
I made up another question :

(-1)1/3.(-1)(1/2+1/2).f(x) , where f(x) is any function with x=-1

This reduces to ωifi.

I am trying to find a question such that the expression reduces to Hack or Hacked or any other Computer related word. Can you help?

Last edited:
[tex]6.626068 × 10^{-34}\frac{\log(-1)}{\pi} \left[\frac{m^2\quad kg}{s}\right][/tex]

Sorry I did not get that.
The first value is for 'h'.
Isn't log(-1) undefined?

My calc I teacher showed us this one on the last day of class:
[tex]\int_0^{ice}\frac{x^2}{3}=(ice)^3[/tex]
Ice cube.

1. What is a technical fest?

A technical fest is an event that typically focuses on showcasing and promoting technical skills and innovations in various fields, such as engineering, computer science, and technology. It often includes competitions, workshops, seminars, and exhibitions.

2. How can I participate in a technical fest?

To participate in a technical fest, you can either register as an individual or as part of a team, depending on the specific event. You may also need to submit a project or proposal for any competitions or presentations that you wish to participate in.

3. What types of events are usually held at a technical fest?

Technical fests can include a variety of events, such as coding competitions, hackathons, robotics challenges, paper presentations, and workshops on emerging technologies. There may also be keynote speeches and panel discussions by industry experts.

4. How can I benefit from attending a technical fest?

Attending a technical fest can provide numerous benefits, such as learning new skills, networking with professionals and like-minded individuals, gaining exposure to new technologies and innovations, and even potential job opportunities. It can also be a great platform to showcase your own talents and projects.

5. Do I need to have technical knowledge to attend a technical fest?

No, you do not necessarily need to have technical knowledge to attend a technical fest. While some events may require a certain level of technical expertise, there are often workshops and seminars that are open to anyone who is interested in learning about new technologies and innovations.