Richard Feynman Lectures on Light

In summary, the conversation discusses a website that offers free science programs, including lectures by Richard Feynman, and other topics such as biology and cosmology. The website was previously shared on a physics forum blog and some participants express their gratitude for the find.
matrixx333
Hey everyone,

I found an AWSOME site that broadcasts science programs for free over the internet.

http://www.vega.org.uk/index.php" [Broken]

If you go to Science Programmes > Vega Science Lectures > Richard Feynman you will find the lectures that he gave at the University of Auckland (New Zealand) in 1979.

The site has other sciences as well (biology, cosmology, engineering, etc.)

Hope you all enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Science news on Phys.org
Wonderful. I have revision that I have to do now so I don't know when I'll watch them all but I definitely will.

I'm just replying to say thanks for posting this up. I've viewed a few of the movies, and indeed this site is pretty awesome.

Last edited:
Your welcome Renge Ishyo. I just saw the site and thought to myself, "hmmm, a video goldmine of knowledge!"

That link and more was posted on our PF blog: https://www.physicsforums.com/blog/2005/07/09/physics-videos/ [Broken], and https://www.physicsforums.com/blog/2005/09/16/more-physics-videos/#more-51 [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
o..it is all fine and dandy.

1. What is the "Richard Feynman Lectures on Light"?

The "Richard Feynman Lectures on Light" is a collection of lectures given by renowned physicist Richard Feynman on the topic of light. These lectures cover a wide range of topics related to light, including its properties, behaviors, and applications.

2. Who is Richard Feynman?

Richard Feynman was a Nobel Prize-winning physicist known for his contributions to quantum mechanics, particle physics, and quantum electrodynamics. He was also known for his ability to explain complex scientific concepts in a clear and engaging manner.

3. What is the purpose of the lectures?

The purpose of the lectures is to provide a comprehensive and accessible introduction to the topic of light. Feynman's goal was to make the subject of light more approachable for non-experts and to inspire a sense of wonder and curiosity about the natural world.

4. Are the lectures suitable for beginners?

Yes, the lectures are suitable for beginners as well as more advanced readers. Feynman's conversational style and use of analogies make the material easy to understand, even for those with little or no background in physics.

5. Are the lectures still relevant today?

Yes, the lectures are still relevant today. While some of the specific technologies and experiments mentioned may have advanced since the lectures were given in the 1960s, the fundamental principles and concepts of light remain the same. Additionally, Feynman's insights and explanations are timeless and can still be applied to modern understanding of light.