What are some recommended Japanese animation series to download?

• Thread starter kant
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Animation
In summary: All Purpose Cultural Catgirl Nuku NukuZ GundamZZ GundamGundam WingG GundamGundam SeedGundam Seed DestinyGundam 00In summary, there are many Japanese animations available to watch, with a wide range of genres and themes. Some popular series include Cardcaptor Sakura, Furuba (Fruits Basket), Ouran High School Host Club, and Marmalade Boy. Other notable recommendations include Neon Genisis Evangelion, HellSing, Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal, Mobile Suit Gundam, Super Dimensional Fortress Macross, and Serial Experiments Lain. Each series offers unique stories and captivating animation, making it difficult
kant
I used to love to watch japanese animation. I am thinking of downloading some animation series to watch next week. Can anyone recommend some names?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Well, what have you already seen?

DeadWolfe said:
Well, what have you already seen?

I don t know there names, but i think they were "popular".

all the girls look the same except for the blue, pink and green hair, always a clear line with good and evil or else not much of a plot with anime. I'm wanting to see Cardcaptor Sakura, seems interesting.

Furuba (Fruits Basket)
Ouran High School Host Club
Marmalade Boy
Lament of the Lamb

I know that these are anime, but I haven't really seen the episodes. However, I have read the manga.

Yu Yu Hakusho (anime)

Last edited:
My favorite series are:

Neon Genisis Evangelion
HellSing

absolutly the most popular, translated in 13 languages, is naruto. in U.S. is also the most sold manga.

My all time favourite has to be the dragonballz series. The animation is awesome and some of the sagas especially cell and freiza are breathtaking. But I guess pokemon is the most popular and famous Japanese anime creation. Beyblade's also great and so is Cardcaptor Sakura.

I rather enjoyed Ranma 1/2.

The (official English dub of) Samurai Pizza Cats was terrific, but you have to have the right sense of humor to enjoy it, I think.

Crosson said:
My favorite series are:

Neon Genisis Evangelion
HellSing

I saw this, and i think they were great. I am looking to find something similar. I like it dark and bloody as hell.

Last edited:
Naruto, Hellsing, NGE, all those are "popular" anime that every single Anime freak has watched every episode of, and honestly they really suck.

Watch Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal.

Either that or you can go watch Naruto, just be prepared for every second episode to be about one particular character's super emo past and how Naruto can relate to them being cast out by their family and having to live on the street/kill people, how can he relate? Because he was the loner when he was a kid.

Naruto is pretty much the most selfish character in the world, other then that the show just sucks.Edit: Also if you want it bloody then Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal is basically it.Edit2: Here is an AMV of Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal

Edit3: Just a sec, wrong one xD

Edit4: There we go http://www.spikedhumor.com/articles/67504/Kenshin_O_Fortuna.html [Broken]Edit yet again: If you get Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal get the ENGLISH DUB unless you want the Main character to sound like a girl.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are a lot of different Japanese animations to choose from, depending on what kind of story that piques your interests, below is a list of all the animations
that I have seen in the past 20 years that I deem is good.

Mobile Suit Gundam 1 Year War 0079
Mobile Suit Gundam Z
Mobile Suit Gundam Char's Counter Attack ( this one is the final battle between Amuro Ray and Char Aznable )
Mobile Suit Gundam F91
Mobile Suit Gundam 0080 War in the Pocket ( Side story of the 1 Year War , has a VERY strong anti-war theme )
Mobile Suit Gundam 8th MS Team
Mobile Suit Gundam 0083 Stardust Memory
MSIgloo Apocalypse ( Best CG animated series for Gundam )

Super Dimensional Fortress Macross
Mospeada
Southern Cross
Votoms
Dunbine
Orguss
Project Zeomer
Megazone 23
God Bless Dancougar
Anything by Miyatake is good, personal fav is Valley of the Wind and Graveyard of the Fireflies ( I almost burst into tears at the end )
Bubblegum Crisis
Akira
Spriggan
Neo Genesis Evangelion ( was horrible at the end , but Gainax is re-releasing everything again and tying up the final story )
Gunbuster 1 & 2 ( Best ending I've seen done by Gainax )
Blue Submarine No.6
Battle Fairy Yukikaze
Gasaraki
Legend of the Galaxy Heroes ( Best story that I have ever seen, makes Star Wars look like a 30 sec diaper commercial )
Getter Robot Series
Sergeant Frog
King of Braves GaoGaiGar
Planetes ( Highly recommended )
Moonlight Mile ( currently watching this , another highly recommended series )
Monster
Voices from a distant Star
Serial Experiments Lain
She, The Ultimate Weapon
Ghost in the Shell
Bleach
One Piece

The above are just some of the stuff I can think of-hand right now,m have fun looking for them.

emmm Full Metal Alchemist is awesome.

bah, i did not expect anime freaks here...

Thanks for reminding me about FMA , although the animation was good, the comic book explored the story much further, let me add some more titles.

Gantz
Stellvia of the Universe
Godannar
Area 88
Vandread
Shin Megami Tensei
Sakura Wars
Records of the Lodoss War ( the OVA series)

School Rumble

Akira
Ninja Scroll
Princess Mononoke
Spirited Away

Texhnolyze (it's a series, not a movie)
Wolf Moon (another series, kind of childish, but interesting)

I mostly just watch sci-fic anime, which will definately boosting my interest to study^^, other types of animation I seldom or even don't really bother about it(like naruto, pokemon,...etc)
So, here are some best animation recommends;
- EVA
- Gundam
- Ghost in the shell

Not really what you're looking for but I'd like to say Lain is pretty good. Very surreal.

Anyway i don't know why there are some people who who recommend godannar it is a terrible anime.

Anyway for comedy go for " Ouran High School Host Club"
There is also the anime " Ghost Hunt" very interesting plot.
And "Shounen Onmyouji" this is very good also.
Tenpou Ibun Ayakashi Ayashi, a very good plot and refeshing.
La_Corda_d'Oro_~Primo_Passo it is on music.
D.Gray Man like your normal fighting and action anime.

And those listed above are rather recent animes.

Hope you will like them

I almost forgot,

Black Blood Brothers is good, very good.

" Fate/stay night" HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. this is EXTREMELY good.

KK that's all, and BTW i highly recommend "Ghost Hunt" although the title sounds cliche and stuff, the anime is excelllent

I liked Godannar because it brings back a lot of fond memories about giant robots and monsters, it's complicated, you wouldn't understand.Oh yes, more to add.

Patlabor Series,OVA,Movies
Kareshi Kanojyo no jijyo ( His Hers Story) was good until the final episode Gainax got too abstract.
Vampire Princess Miyu
Wings of Rean ( also known as Aura battler Dunbine 2 )
BrainPowered
Maison Ikoku ( Classic , a MUST watch )

1. What are some popular Japanese animation series?

Some popular Japanese animation series that are highly recommended to download are Naruto, Attack on Titan, Death Note, One Piece, and My Hero Academia.

2. Are there any classic Japanese animation series that are worth downloading?

Yes, some classic Japanese animation series that are still popular and highly recommended to download include Dragon Ball Z, Sailor Moon, Fullmetal Alchemist, and Cowboy Bebop.

3. What are some newer Japanese animation series that are worth checking out?

Some newer Japanese animation series that have gained popularity in recent years and are worth downloading are Demon Slayer, Jujutsu Kaisen, The Promised Neverland, and Dr. Stone.

4. Are there any Japanese animation series that have been adapted from manga?

Yes, there are many Japanese animation series that have been adapted from manga, such as One Piece, Attack on Titan, My Hero Academia, and Naruto.

5. Is it better to download individual episodes or entire seasons of Japanese animation series?

It ultimately depends on personal preference, but many people prefer to download entire seasons of Japanese animation series for a more seamless viewing experience.