Difference between CURRENT & VOLTAGE.?

In summary, current is defined as the number of electrons flowing through a wire per second, while voltage is the difference in charge between two reservoirs of electrons. For a more detailed explanation of voltage, please refer to the link provided.
iamnotageek
Hi Guys.
Can U Tell Me The Difference Between Current & Voltage.?
Plz Guys, This Question May Be Funny To U.
But Plz Hlp Me By Answering Me In A Clear Way, As I Am Not A Genius In Physics

Physics news on Phys.org
Current is the number of electrons flowing through a wire per second. Voltage is kind of like the charge difference between two reservoirs of electrons. Some one else might be able to explain voltage a little better than myself.

THANK U VERY MUCH
dimensionless said:
Current is the number of electrons flowing through a wire per second. Voltage is kind of like the charge difference between two reservoirs of electrons. Some one else might be able to explain voltage a little better than myself.

http://www.saburchill.com/physics/chapters/0040.html"

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is the difference between current and voltage?

Current refers to the flow of electric charge or the rate at which charges move through a circuit. It is measured in amperes (A). Voltage, on the other hand, is the potential difference between two points in a circuit, which causes the current to flow. It is measured in volts (V).

2. How are current and voltage related?

Current and voltage are directly proportional to each other, meaning that an increase in voltage will result in an increase in current and vice versa. This is known as Ohm's Law, which states that the current through a conductor is equal to the voltage divided by the resistance.

3. What is the unit of measurement for current and voltage?

As mentioned, current is measured in amperes (A) and voltage is measured in volts (V). These are both base units in the International System of Units (SI).

4. How can current and voltage be measured?

Current can be measured using an ammeter, which is connected in series with the circuit. Voltage can be measured using a voltmeter, which is connected in parallel with the component across which the voltage drop is to be measured.

5. What is the purpose of current and voltage in a circuit?

Current and voltage are essential in a circuit as they work together to power electrical devices. Voltage provides the energy to move the charges through the circuit, and current delivers this energy to the device, allowing it to function.