Best Place To Find Loads of Sample Physic Problems (grade 12)

In summary, the speakers are both students looking for resources to help them with their physics studies. They share a few websites that they have found, including ones with sample problems and online courses. One student also recommends a book that aligns with their curriculum and prepares them for provincial exams. They also mention old provincial exams as a resource.
alitag
Hi.. I am a keen student in physics 12 under the bc corric.. right now were doing static equillibrium.. and I am looking for sites, texts etc.. with loads of sample problems that can help me nail this unit and upcoming ones as well..

any help would be great thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
Last edited by a moderator:
I'll assume that you are from BC, Canada so in that case I think it's worth your time and money to buy this if you have not already.

http://www.castlerockresearch.com/SnapDetail.aspx?Product=75&Region=BC

From the site: "...Student Notes and Problems (SNAP) Workbook for Physics 12 is 100% aligned with the British Columbia curriculum..."

I bought this book (and the math 12 one) in 04/05 when I was in grade 12 and it helped a lot. It's a pretty big book(around 500+pgs) and it contains lots of problems plus decent notes. The best thing I liked about this book is that in addition to providing a good sample of questions for you to do, it also prepares you for the provincial exam type questions.

Some other res.

-Old Prov Exams

http://www.lightandmatter.com/area1.html

Last edited by a moderator:

1. Where can I find a variety of sample physics problems for grade 12?

One of the best places to find a wide range of sample physics problems for grade 12 is online. There are many websites and online resources that offer free access to practice problems, such as Khan Academy, Physics Classroom, and Physics Classroom 2.0. You can also check with your school or local library for textbooks or workbooks that contain sample problems.

2. Are there specific websites or resources that offer high-quality sample physics problems for grade 12?

Yes, there are some websites and resources that are known for providing high-quality sample physics problems for grade 12. Some of these include The Physics Classroom, which offers a variety of problems categorized by topic, and Physics Classroom 2.0, which offers interactive simulations and practice problems. Other reputable resources include the American Association of Physics Teachers and the National Science Teachers Association.

3. How can I make the most of using sample physics problems for grade 12?

To get the most out of using sample physics problems for grade 12, it is important to approach them with a focused and systematic mindset. Start by identifying your strengths and weaknesses in the subject and then target specific areas for improvement. Also, make sure to carefully read and understand each problem before attempting to solve it. Finally, use the sample problems as a tool for practice and reinforcement, rather than simply memorizing the solutions.

4. Are there any resources that offer sample physics problems with step-by-step solutions?

Yes, there are many resources that provide sample physics problems with step-by-step solutions. Khan Academy is a popular option that offers video explanations for each problem, while Physics Classroom provides detailed written solutions. Additionally, many textbooks and workbooks also include step-by-step solutions for their sample problems.

5. Can using sample physics problems help improve my grade in grade 12 physics?

Using sample physics problems can definitely help improve your grade in grade 12 physics. By practicing with a variety of problems, you can strengthen your understanding of key concepts and improve your problem-solving skills. Additionally, practicing with sample problems can also help you become more familiar with the types of questions and formats that may appear on exams, which can ultimately lead to a better grade in the subject.