What Are the Best Review Books for the Physics and General GRE?

In summary, a physics major in their 5th semester is seeking recommendations for a review book for the physics GRE. They also ask for other resources, such as online materials, and any recommendations for a general GRE review book. An old thread on a forum provides some recommendations and helpful discussion. One person suggests checking out a blog for materials on the general GRE. The conversation ends with another request for recommendations for a general GRE review book.
alowitz
Hi (sorry if this has been brought up recently, but I don't see it and the search tool seems to dislike me at the moment).

I'm a physics major in my 5th semester, and the time has come to start seriously reviewing for the physics GRE. Which review book would you most recommend? Do you know of any other good resources (such as online, etc.)?

Recommendations for a general GRE review book would also be appreciated.

Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! That thread was really helpful.

You need to see the http://gre-stuff.blogspot.com
It has great materials list for general GRE.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know a good review book for the General GRE?

1. What are the best physics GRE review books available?

The best physics GRE review books vary depending on personal preference and learning style. Some popular options include "Conquering the Physics GRE" by Yoni Kahn and Adam Anderson, "Cracking the GRE Physics Test" by The Princeton Review, and "GRE Physics Subject Test (For Test Takers)" by Educational Testing Service (ETS).

2. How do I choose the right physics GRE review book?

When choosing a physics GRE review book, consider factors such as your current level of knowledge in physics, your preferred study methods, and the structure and content of the book. It may also be helpful to read reviews and ask for recommendations from other students or professors.

3. Can I solely rely on a physics GRE review book for preparation?

While review books can be a valuable resource for studying, it is recommended to use multiple resources when preparing for the physics GRE. This can include practice tests, online resources, and studying with a group or tutor.

4. Are there any online resources that can supplement a physics GRE review book?

Yes, there are many online resources available to supplement a physics GRE review book. These can include practice tests, flashcards, study guides, and video tutorials. Some popular websites for physics GRE preparation include Khan Academy, PhysicsGRE.com, and GREedge.

5. How long should I study with a physics GRE review book?

The amount of time needed to study with a physics GRE review book will vary for each individual. It is recommended to start studying at least 3-4 months before the test date and to allocate a few hours each day for review. It may also be helpful to set a study schedule and stick to it to ensure adequate preparation.