Science lovers, how do you score on this?

• Thread starter 27Thousand
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Science
In summary: The Autism Spectrum Quotient (AQ) has been developed to measure the degree to which anadult with normal intelligence has autistic traits. In this paper it is evaluated for its potential asa screening questionnaire in clinical settings. The test is designed to be sensitive...In summary, people who are analytical and into Science tend to score a certain way on the Autism Spectrum Quotient quiz. So it could be interesting to see how we all score!
27Thousand
Although this online quiz isn't about Physics, people who are analytical and into Science tend to score a certain way. So it could be interesting to see how we all score!

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/9.12/aqtest.html

Physics news on Phys.org
27 for me.

I scored 14.

27 here as well.

Ditto, 27.

I guess I forgot to say I scored 38.

I thought I'd score better.

46 pour moi.

(extra characters)

Score: 36

Simon Baron-Cohen eh?

negitron said:
Ditto, 27.

Believe it or not: same!

maverick_starstrider said:
Simon Baron-Cohen eh?

Here are references with PDF's of scientific peer-review journal articles testing the actual quiz across cultures and types of people:
http://autismresearchcentre.com/tests/aq_test.asp

Kind of interesting :smile:

Anyway, it's just fun to see how physics and other science lovers in this forum score.

27Thousand said:
Anyway, it's just fun to see how physics and other science lovers in this forum score.

I don't really see anything other than 27Thousand (a person) got 38 (a number).

27Thousand
Re: Science lovers, how do you score on this?

As for me, I would not call myself a science/physics lover (I might not be understanding whom you are calling science/physics lover: someone who keeps an eye on NASA and loves science fiction movies?).

rootX said:
I don't really see anything other than 27Thousand (a person) got 38 (a number).

Consider this, the quiz stated the average is 16 for the control who took the quiz. Those taking the quiz in the forum seem to have different scores, and may be more analytically/socially minded than others.

When I looked at some research on it, science/math majors + men tend to score a little differently.

rootX said:
As for me, I would not call myself a science/physics lover (I might not be understanding whom you are calling science/physics lover: someone who keeps an eye on NASA and loves science fiction movies?).

Or anyone who reads the title of the thread and considers oneself to take the quiz works also.

Last edited:
28 for me.

On PF, the average, so far, is 28 4/11 with a standard deviation of about 8.87.
Z-score=1.351

This means, if we assume Gaussian distribution, that 91% of regular PF users score higher than average!

39 here.

robertm said:
39 here.

You're ruining our near 27 average score! :tongue:

Well it does mean that I'm no good in social situations... :rolleyes:

Kurdt said:
46 pour moi.

Wowsers. Have you been diagnosed?

27Thousand said:
Heh. When I first encountered this thread, I didn't notice it was you who posted it. But as I was going through it, I was thinking I would point you at it, to see how you scored.

Pupil said:
You're ruining our near 27 average score! :tongue:
Then my score can balance his out. I got an 18.

I scored a mere 22. That is my artistic, Piscean side coming through.

My wife scored 16. It would be interesting to test our boy, who has ADD, one of the milder flavours of ASD.

DaveC426913 said:
I scored a mere 22. That is my artistic, Piscean side coming through.

My wife scored 16. It would be interesting to test our boy, who has ADD, one of the milder flavours of ASD.

Hmm, your wife's score is close to mine, and we're both well below the average score. Wonder if this is more a gender-detecting test :rolleyes:?

Last edited:
lisab said:
Hmm, wife's score is close to mine, and we're both well below the average score. Wonder if this is more a gender-detecting test :rolleyes:?

Well, ASD is gender-biased.

32 for me

mine is 19 :grumpy:

robertm said:
Well it does mean that I'm no good in social situations... :rolleyes:

does it! I didn't read what's it about, I just go thruogh the questions directly

I got a 39.

lisab said:
Hmm, your wife's score is close to mine, and we're both well below the average score. Wonder if this is more a gender-detecting test :rolleyes:?

(Some) women chitchat a lot. Even a normal person (male) would find it annoying.

I scored 25. I am extremely nerdy but overcame my shyness at a young age and am now in a leadership role.

Is there a key for scores? I'm great in social situations.

20 here.

I got a score of 36.

lisab said:

Oops would you think so? :rolleyes: I scored 15

Andre said:
Oops would you think so? :rolleyes: I scored 15

Does that mean that you're a woman Andre?