Warcraft and Other Blizzard Products to Integrate Facebook

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Integrate
In summary: I may as well block all the addictive gaming too.In summary, Rhody's credit card was compromised, and because of this she's been unable to make any online transactions with her bank through Blizzard.com.
My sister forwarded a link to me the other day about what I think can only be cause for disaster. The two most addictive things on the net are going to be working together to take over your life. That’s right, now you can post the status of your Kil’jaden raid party, or whoever is the [...]http://stats.wordpress.com/b.gif?host=virtualnavigator.wordpress.com&blog=11498882&post=95&subd=virtualnavigator&ref=&feed=1

More...

Physics news on Phys.org
So, does this mean I'll be able to lob Mr. T Mohawk Grenades at someones Facebook page?

[PLAIN]http://www.geekspeakblog.com/wp-content/uploads/MrTMohawkGrenade.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
WarCrack meets FaceCrack...

Just a note to all who frequent Blizzard.com for whatever reason, last year my credit card was compromised and it was tracked back to someone who charged a purchase at Blizzard.com, risks of addictive game play aside, be aware that Blizzard.com is blocked from online transactions from my Bank with any of their credit and debit cards.

For the record, up to the time my card was hacked I never once went to Blizzard.com, and no one in our household uses any kind of gaming software.

Rhody...

Last edited:
rhody said:
Just a note to all who frequent Blizzard.com for whatever reason, last year my credit card was compromised and it was tracked back to someone who worked at Blizzard.com, risks of addictive game play aside, be aware that Blizzard.com is blocked from online transactions from my Bank with any of their credit and debit cards.

For the record, up to the time my card was hacked I never once went to Blizzard.com, and no one in our household uses any kind of gaming software.

Rhody...

Are you sure that your credit card company didn't just put a fullout end to paying for online gaming with their cards? Many cards do that with online-gambling... And your card being compromised for a vast amount of reasons. It happens where I live to debit cards like at least once a month. Annoying as hell and most of the time unnecessary but hey, it keeps our money safe I guess right?

Compromised card doesn't mean hacked. If someone hacked into your credit I wouldn't be worried about them having access to just your little credit card.

zomgwtf said:
Are you sure that your credit card company didn't just put a fullout end to paying for online gaming with their cards? Many cards do that with online-gambling... And your card being compromised for a vast amount of reasons. It happens where I live to debit cards like at least once a month. Annoying as hell and most of the time unnecessary but hey, it keeps our money safe I guess right?

Compromised card doesn't mean hacked. If someone hacked into your credit I wouldn't be worried about them having access to just your little credit card.

zomgwtf,

I hesitated to use the word hacked for that reason, and you picked up on it. Needless to say the publishers of Warcraft are being punished because whoever DID compromise my card promptly charged Warcraft gaming software. It is not fair, but the police I spoke to say it happens in my town at least once or twice a month. For that reason the banks have chosen to limit their risk by not allowing the software to be charged with a debit/credit card through Blizzard.com. You still can use paypal. It seems to me that the people who compromised my card were young. I don't know many 40+ year old's who play Warcraft regularly.

Rhody...

Just another category of status updates for me to block. I already block things like farmville, Mafia-Wars and so on.

1. What is the purpose of integrating Facebook with Warcraft and other Blizzard products?

The purpose of integrating Facebook with Warcraft and other Blizzard products is to enhance the overall gaming experience for players. This integration allows players to connect with their Facebook friends who also play the game, share their progress and achievements on their Facebook timeline, and potentially find new friends to play with.

2. Will my personal information be shared on Facebook without my consent?

No, your personal information will not be shared on Facebook without your consent. The integration only allows you to connect with your Facebook friends and share your in-game progress and achievements on your timeline. Your personal information will remain private unless you choose to share it.

3. Can I still play Warcraft and other Blizzard products without linking my Facebook account?

Yes, you can still play Warcraft and other Blizzard products without linking your Facebook account. The integration is optional and does not affect the gameplay in any way. You can choose to link your account at any time or continue playing without it.

4. How do I link my Facebook account to my Warcraft or Blizzard account?

To link your Facebook account to your Warcraft or Blizzard account, simply go to the account settings in the game and click on the option to connect with Facebook. You will be prompted to enter your Facebook login information and give permission for the integration. Once linked, you can easily connect with your Facebook friends in the game.

5. Are there any benefits to linking my Facebook account with Warcraft and other Blizzard products?

Yes, there are several benefits to linking your Facebook account with Warcraft and other Blizzard products. You can easily connect with your Facebook friends who also play the game, share your progress and achievements on your timeline, and potentially find new friends to play with. Additionally, some games may offer exclusive rewards or bonuses for linking your account with Facebook.