Urgent Search for 12V DC 1/3 RPM Motor for Telescope Mount Design

In summary, someone is designing a telescope mount and needs a DC motor with less than 1 rpm. They tried gearing a motor to get the desired speed but faced problems. They are now looking for a motor with 1/3 rpm and someone suggests contacting a company for a customized motor. The original person thanks the helper for their suggestion.
DNB
quick and urgent:I need a DC MOTOR

hi

I'm designing a telescope mount and I need a motor which has less than 1 rpm

I think I'm going to need (( 12 V DC 1/3 rpm ))

please if you can help me !

Engineering news on Phys.org

Why couldn't you gear one to give you the required RPM?

jarednjames said:
Why couldn't you gear one to give you the required RPM?

acctually I tried to do that

but I faced some problems with reducing the the speed

and now I need about 1/3 rpm

Faced some problems? Could you elaborate?

Perhaps someone could help seeing as you already have that setup.

1/3 RPM is rather slow and I'm not sure if you can get a motor for that speed without gearing.

Hi,
Here (at the industry) I've seen a motor that rotates only one revolution each day. You might ask them for your customized requirements. But it would cost more. Here's the link:
http://www.pranshuelec.com/ [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:

koolraj09 said:
Hi,
Here (at the industry) I've seen a motor that rotates only one revolution each day. You might ask them for your customized requirements. But it would cost more. Here's the link:
http://www.pranshuelec.com/ [Broken]

thank you,

I really appreciate that help

Last edited by a moderator:

You are welcome!

1. What is a DC motor and how does it work?

A DC (direct current) motor is an electrical machine that converts electrical energy into mechanical energy. It works by using the principle of electromagnetism, where a current-carrying conductor in a magnetic field experiences a force. The current is supplied to the motor through a set of brushes and commutator, which causes the rotor (the rotating part) to turn.

2. What are the main components of a DC motor?

The main components of a DC motor include the stator (stationary part), rotor (rotating part), brushes, commutator, and a power supply. The stator contains the permanent magnets or electromagnets that create the magnetic field, while the rotor contains the conductors that carry the current and interact with the magnetic field to produce torque.

3. What are the advantages of using a DC motor?

DC motors have several advantages over other types of motors, including high torque at low speeds, easy speed and direction control, and compact size. They also have a simple design and are relatively low cost compared to other motors. Additionally, DC motors are highly efficient and have a long lifespan.

4. What are some common applications of DC motors?

DC motors are used in a variety of applications, including household appliances, electric vehicles, industrial machinery, robotics, and power tools. They are also commonly used in fans, pumps, and compressors due to their high torque and speed control capabilities.

5. How do I choose the right DC motor for my project?

Choosing the right DC motor depends on the specific requirements of your project, such as the desired torque, speed, and power supply. It is important to consider factors like the motor's size, efficiency, and cost when making a selection. Consulting with a knowledgeable supplier or engineer can also help you determine the best motor for your application.