How can I add text to figures in LaTeX using the beamer class?

• LaTeX
  • Thread starter aihaike
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Latex Text
In summary,the beamer class does not work with figure annotations, and there are several other programs that can generate a ps file with a transparent background.
aihaike
Hey,

I want to add annotations on figure but can't figure out.
I use the beamer class, my figure in in a block.
Can anyone tell me how to do this?
I tried textblock but did not work.
I hear about overpic or psfrag but they don't seem to be what I need.
Thanks,

Eric.

Physics news on Phys.org
Thank for your reply, it seems to be what I need.
You're right, it's better to edit the figure but when I do so there is no transparent background anymore (Postscript file). Moreover, I have many this I may put in presentation and if I edit and make the annotation myself it can't be always right at the same place on each figure which looks not good (to me) when I present the result one by one. Do you see what I mean?
Anyway, thank you again for the info, I'll let you know if if it works.

Hey,

It does not work with beamer class unfortunately.
I tried ipic, overpic, pinlabel ...
I'll have to edit the files but don't which program is able to generate a ps file with transparent background.

Beamer works fine with pgf and TikZ. For overlays, I use

Code:
\begin{tikzpicture}[overlay,remember picture]
\end{tikzpicture}

Besides images, I annotate arbitrary text and math elements, such as drawing arrows between matrix elements. An example: Highlighting elements in matrices. This and many more TikZ examples can be found on TeXample.net in the TikZ example gallery.

Stefan

Hey Stefan,

I've been trying to use unsuccessfully pgf and TikZ but now I'm sure it must work I'll definitely go that way.
Thank you,

Éric.

1. How do I add text to my figures in Latex?

To add text to your figures in Latex, you can use the package "graphicx" and the command "includegraphics" to insert your image. Then, use the "caption" command to add a caption to your figure. You can also use the "label" command to add a label to your figure for referencing in your text.

2. Can I change the font and size of the text on my figures?

Yes, you can change the font and size of the text on your figures in Latex. Use the "captionsetup" command to specify the font and size for your caption. You can also use the "subcaption" package to add subfigures and customize their captions.

3. How can I align the text on my figures?

To align the text on your figures in Latex, you can use the "justification" option in the "captionsetup" command. This allows you to specify if you want your caption to be left, center, or right aligned. You can also use the "subfigure" package to align subfigures within a larger figure.

4. Is it possible to add mathematical equations or symbols to the text on my figures?

Yes, you can add mathematical equations or symbols to the text on your figures in Latex. Simply use the "text" command within the "caption" or "subcaption" command to include the desired equation or symbol. You can also use the "amsmath" package for more advanced mathematical typesetting.

5. Can I add multiple lines of text to my figures?

Yes, you can add multiple lines of text to your figures in Latex. Use the "newline" command to create line breaks within your caption. You can also use the "minipage" environment to create a column of text within your figure with multiple lines of text.