Anyone else watching this Earthsea miniseries?

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
In summary, the Earthsea miniseries is based on the fantasy book series by Ursula K. Le Guin and follows the story of a young wizard named Ged who must defeat a powerful evil force. While the miniseries stays true to the general plot of the books, it also makes some changes and additions, including a focus on the relationship between Ged and his love interest Tenar. The main characters in the miniseries are Ged, Tenar, and Prince Arren, with other important characters including the Archmage Sparrowhawk, the Dark Lord Cob, and the dragon Kalessin. The miniseries is rated TV-14 and may not be suitable for young children due to violence and intense scenes, but it
tribdog
Anyone else watching this "Earthsea" miniseries?

I read the books about a hundred years ago, but the series looks pretty good. scary too

Earth sciences news on Phys.org
Thumbs up...although it was kind of like if Lord of the Rings & Harry Potter had a baby.

I haven't started watching it yet, but I'm definitely interested in checking it out. I also read the books a long time ago and I'm curious to see how they adapted it for the screen. Is there anything specific that you're enjoying about the series so far?

1. What is the plot of the Earthsea miniseries?

The Earthsea miniseries is based on the fantasy book series of the same name by Ursula K. Le Guin. It follows the story of a young wizard named Ged who must learn to control his power and defeat a powerful evil force threatening the world of Earthsea.

2. How is the miniseries different from the book series?

While the miniseries follows the general plot of the books, it does make some changes and additions to the story. Some characters and events are altered or omitted, and new storylines are introduced. The miniseries also focuses more on the relationship between Ged and his love interest, Tenar.

3. Who are the main characters in the miniseries?

The main characters in the miniseries are Ged, Tenar, and Prince Arren. Other important characters include the Archmage Sparrowhawk, the Dark Lord Cob, and the dragon Kalessin.

4. Is the miniseries appropriate for all ages?

The miniseries is rated TV-14 and contains some violence and intense scenes. It may not be suitable for young children, but ultimately it is up to the discretion of parents or guardians.

5. Who is the director of the miniseries?

The Earthsea miniseries was directed by Robert Lieberman, a Canadian filmmaker known for his work on various television series and movies.