What Does 'Remise à l'Aire' Mean in English?

In summary, the conversation discusses the meaning of the French term "remise à l'aire" and its translation to English. It is a technical term used when a reactor is brought to atmospheric pressure with air. It can be translated as "return to air" or "bringing back to air."
physicist888
hi everyone
i wonder if anyone know french. I am trying to find out what does it mean 'remise à l'aire' in english. Its when the reactor was brought to atmospheric pressure with air we call that in french 'remise à l'aire', i hope that someone can tell me what does it mean in english.
thanks

Engineering news on Phys.org
physicist888 said:
hi everyone
i wonder if anyone know french. I am trying to find out what does it mean 'remise à l'aire' in english. Its when the reactor was brought to atmospheric pressure with air we call that in french 'remise à l'aire', i hope that someone can tell me what does it mean in english.
thanks
physicist1888;

It means - "present to the air" - in other words to open to the ambient pressure.

Dr. Gregory Greenman
Physicist

Hello! I don't personally know French, but I did a quick search and it looks like "remise à l'aire" translates to "return to air" or "bringing back to air" in English. It seems to be a technical term used in the context of reactors and atmospheric pressure. I hope this helps!

What does "Remise à l'Aire" mean in English?

"Remise à l'Aire" is a French phrase that translates to "return to the air" or "airing out."

Is "Remise à l'Aire" a commonly used phrase?

Yes, it is commonly used in French-speaking countries to refer to the action of letting fresh air into a space to refresh it.

What is the origin of the phrase "Remise à l'Aire"?

The phrase comes from the French verb "remettre" which means "to put back" and "air" which means "air." Together, they create the meaning of "returning to the air."

Can "Remise à l'Aire" have different meanings depending on the context?

Yes, the phrase can have different meanings depending on the context. It can refer to the act of airing out a room, but it can also be used in a figurative sense to mean "starting over" or "getting a fresh start."

How is "Remise à l'Aire" related to science?

In science, "Remise à l'Aire" can be related to the concept of air circulation and the importance of fresh air in maintaining a healthy environment. It can also be used in the context of air quality and pollution control.