A few questions about Aircraft Physics.

In summary, you can find information about the Antonov AN 225 on its official website and other aircraft comparison sites. The aircraft is primarily made of aluminium with some steel and composite materials, and Plexiglas is used for windows but cannot withstand a .44 magnum round.
Daffo
Ok so as i stated in the title I will be asking a couple of questions about Aircraft physics and the Antonov AN 225 Aircraft itself.

1. Do you know any good websites where I can find information on the Antonov AN 225, I have looked and all I can find is the specs (dimensions), I would like to know what It is made of and that?

2.) How strong is Plexiglas, could it withstand a .44 magnum round and do Antonov's have Plexiglas windows?

3.)What is the Antonov AN 225 made of, as in it's hull/fuselage, is it like most other big aircarft and made of Aluminium?

I ask these questions because I am planning a game which is going to feature a plane scene and I want to know what I am dealing with, as in what extend can I go to with the Physics and all that. All help is appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
1. The Antonov AN 225 website (https://www.antonov-aircraft.com/page/an-225-mriya) provides detailed information about the aircraft and its features. Additionally, you can find detailed specifications, including materials used in construction, on the Aircraft Compare website (https://www.aircraftcompare.com/aircraft-models/antonov-an-225-mriya/). 2. Plexiglas is a strong material that is often used in aircraft construction, including the Antonov AN 225. It is typically rated to withstand a .22 Long Rifle round, but it would not be able to withstand a .44 magnum round. 3. The Antonov AN 225 is made primarily of aluminium, with some steel components in the landing gear and other areas. The wings and tail are constructed using a combination of metal and composite materials.

1. What is the role of lift in the flight of an aircraft?

The lift force is responsible for keeping an aircraft in the air. It is generated by the wings as a result of the difference in air pressure above and below the wings. This force counteracts the weight of the aircraft and allows it to stay airborne.

2. How does the shape of an aircraft's wings affect its flight?

The shape and size of an aircraft's wings play a crucial role in its flight. A curved shape, also known as an airfoil, helps to create lift, while the size of the wings determines the amount of lift generated. The shape also affects drag, which is the force that opposes the forward motion of the aircraft.

3. What is the significance of the center of gravity in aircraft stability?

The center of gravity is the point at which an aircraft's weight is evenly distributed. It is a critical factor in aircraft stability, as any imbalance can cause the aircraft to become unstable and difficult to control. The center of gravity must be carefully managed during flight to maintain stability.

4. How does air pressure affect the flight of an aircraft?

Air pressure plays a significant role in the flight of an aircraft. As an aircraft moves through the air, it creates an area of high pressure above the wings and low pressure below the wings. This difference in pressure creates lift, which is essential for flight. Changes in air pressure can also affect the aircraft's speed and stability.

5. What is the difference between thrust and drag in aircraft physics?

Thrust is the force that propels an aircraft forward, while drag is the force that resists the aircraft's forward motion. Thrust is generated by the aircraft's engines, while drag is caused by factors such as air resistance and the shape of the aircraft. To maintain stable flight, thrust must overcome drag.