Gaseous water- no need to drink.

• Thread starter superweirdo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Water
In summary, if you live in a house with water vapor, you would need to drink even if you don't feel thirsty.
superweirdo
I noticed that whenever I am in water, I never feel thirsty, and ofcourse, it makes sense, well I was wondering that if we live in a house where it is filled water vapors, sort of like how humidifier does, then I would need to drink at all, what do you think?

Chemistry news on Phys.org
When you are in water, you may not feel like you are thirsty, but you can still dehydrate. You do not absorb water from a pool except into your skin itself.

Water will not evaporate from your skin if you are in a room with 100% humidity, but you'll still exhale it and and it'll still emanate from your pores and you will still need to drink.

superweirdo said:
I noticed that whenever I am in water, I never feel thirsty, and ofcourse, it makes sense
Not to me. Can you explain the reasoning?

I guess It reduced my thirstness like when I am in cold, what probably happens is b/c I am in their for 2 hours, I don't feel thirsty for that much time. Which brings another question I had in mind. When I feel thirsty and I drink hot water, I can drink a lot of it, if I drink cool water, I only drink a bit of it. What diff. does it make to my body? What temperature should I drink?

superweirdo said:
I noticed that whenever I am in water, I never feel thirsty, and ofcourse, it makes sense, well I was wondering that if we live in a house where it is filled water vapors, sort of like how humidifier does, then I would need to drink at all, what do you think?

In any case, if water is to have its biological effect, it'll have to be through its liquid form.

so you are saying that if I eat cubes, that won't be the same as drinking water?

The cubes will melt in your body and be absorbed

...and your body will not absorb (and therefore liquify) water in its gaseous form, unless it is extremely hot, in which case the act of condensing it would cook your lungs.

why would it not absorb cold gaseous water.

Because the only way to have cold gaseous water is to have it at very low concentration (ie, just humid air). But the air coming out of your lungs is at 98 degrees and 100% humidity. Simply put - your lungs are already wet and too warm for condensation unless the air coming in is much hotter.

Condensation requires a surface's temperature to be below the dew point of the air touching it.

aah... btw, When I feel thirsty and I drink hot water, I can drink a lot of it, if I drink cool water, I only drink a bit of it. What diff. does it make to my body? What temperature should I drink?

superweirdo said:
aah... btw, When I feel thirsty and I drink hot water, I can drink a lot of it, if I drink cool water, I only drink a bit of it. What diff. does it make to my body? What temperature should I drink?

I don't think it makes any difference. It's merely the temperature that gives the resulting feeling. Hot water goes down easier because it doesn't cause your blood vessels to dilate (brain freeze). You're probably feeling more full when you drink hot water because you can down more of it in a small amount of time.

It doesn't matter what temperature the water is when it goes down, it will become your body's temperature when it passes through. Though cold water may be more satisfying, hot water or water at room temperature can fill you up fast and give you a bloated feeling.

1. What is gaseous water and how is it different from liquid water?

Gaseous water, also known as water vapor, is water in its gas form. It is made up of individual water molecules that are spread out and not bound together like in liquid water. Gaseous water is different from liquid water in that it is less dense and has a lower boiling point.

2. Is gaseous water safe to breathe?

Yes, gaseous water is safe to breathe in small amounts. In fact, our bodies naturally produce water vapor when we exhale. However, breathing in excessive amounts of gaseous water can lead to respiratory issues and discomfort.

3. Can gaseous water hydrate the body like liquid water?

No, gaseous water does not hydrate the body like liquid water. Our bodies are designed to absorb water through liquid consumption, and gaseous water is not able to provide the same level of hydration. Gaseous water is primarily used for respiration and is not a replacement for drinking water.

4. What are some common uses for gaseous water?

Gaseous water has a variety of uses, including being used in industrial processes such as cooling and heating, as well as being used in food preservation and packaging. It is also used in some medical treatments and can be found in certain humidifiers.

5. Is gaseous water a significant contributor to our atmosphere?

Yes, gaseous water is a major component of our atmosphere and is a key factor in regulating Earth's temperature and weather patterns. It is also a greenhouse gas, meaning it helps to trap heat in the atmosphere, contributing to the Earth's natural greenhouse effect.