Figuring the Power of a 38 Watt Amp: Help Needed!

In summary, the conversation is about finding the power produced by a 38 watt amp and how to calculate it using the equation P = V^2/R. The person also mentions finding the velocity using the equation V = f/Lw, but is unsure of how to find the frequency and wavelength. They are seeking clarification and apologize for posting in the wrong forum.
emigre911
I have a 38 watt amp and I'm trying to figure the Power it produces, but I'm not sure how to find the Velocity. Can anyone clue me in on this?
And I know to use the P=V^2/R

And sorry if this is in the wrong forum, I'm new.

Thanks

EDIT: I just found V=f/Lw (velocity=frequency/wavelength) but how do I find the frequency and wavelength?

Last edited:
Engineering news on Phys.org
Go back to the source of your first equation:

[tex] P = \frac {V^2} R [/tex]

Find the meaning of each symbol, I'll bet that V is NOT velocity.

Haha right.. sorry

I'll bet your 38 watt amp provides 38 watts of power... :P

1. How do I calculate the power of a 38 watt amplifier?

To calculate the power of a 38 watt amplifier, you will need to use the formula P = V x I, where P is power in watts, V is voltage in volts, and I is current in amps. In this case, since the amplifier is 38 watts, P = 38. If you know the voltage and current of the amplifier, you can plug those values into the formula to solve for the missing variable.

2. What is the voltage and current of a 38 watt amplifier?

The voltage and current of a 38 watt amplifier will depend on the specific amplifier and its design. You can usually find this information on the amplifier's label or in the product manual. If you can't find this information, you can measure the voltage and current using a multimeter.

3. How does the power of a 38 watt amplifier affect its performance?

The power of a 38 watt amplifier determines its maximum output and how loud it can get. Generally, the higher the wattage, the louder the amplifier can get. However, other factors such as speaker efficiency and room size also play a role in the overall performance of the amplifier.

4. Can I use a 38 watt amplifier for large events or concerts?

It depends on the specific amplifier and the size of the event or concert. Generally, a 38 watt amplifier may not be powerful enough to deliver the desired sound level for large events or concerts. It is best to consult with a professional audio engineer to determine the appropriate amplifier for your needs.

5. How can I increase the power of a 38 watt amplifier?

The power of an amplifier is determined by its design and components, so it is not recommended to try to increase the power of a 38 watt amplifier. Doing so could damage the amplifier and potentially create safety hazards. If you need a more powerful amplifier, it is best to purchase one with a higher wattage rating.