How should I state honors research work on my resume?

In summary, the conversation discusses how to list a conjoint project for a thesis on a resume, specifically whether it should be listed under work experience or as a separate heading for research. The speaker also mentions how they typically list their thesis topic and advisors on their resume.
Ian_Brooks
I've been doing a conjoint project for my thesis with the school of Biomedical Engr and its affiliate hospital. I've conducted most of my work at the hospital - so I was wondering how I'd list this in my resume.

As its unpaid research that's a part of my degree - would this be listed under work experience rather than employment? Or should I include a separate heading titled 'research'?

thanks in advance.

Physics news on Phys.org
I generally listed my thesis topic underneath my degrees, with my main adviser(s) listed and committee members. If someone was at another institution, I would include that institution after their name in parenthesis.

Ex:

M.S. in Materials Science Aug. 2001
University of Tall Tales, College of Arts and Sciences Fiction, USA
Thesis: Fabrication and Characterization of UV-Transparent Oxide Films
Advisor: Peter E. Powers
Committee Members: Daniel Boone (University of Kentucky), Will Rogers

If you have a research section, there is where you could add details.

(Note: Sorry the formatting sucks, and I don't have time right now to edit further)

No, that's good enough. ThanksI wish i went to the university of tall tales :p

What is the best way to list my honors research work on my resume?

The best way to list your honors research work on your resume is to create a separate section specifically for research experience. This will allow you to highlight your academic accomplishments and demonstrate your skills in a clear and organized manner.

Should I include all of my research projects or only the most recent ones?

It is generally recommended to only include your most relevant and recent research projects on your resume. This will prevent your resume from becoming too long and allow you to focus on the most impactful experiences.

How should I describe my research work on my resume?

When describing your research work on your resume, be sure to use concise and specific language. Highlight your role in the project, the techniques and methods you used, and any significant findings or results. Use action words to demonstrate your skills and accomplishments.

Should I include any publications or presentations related to my research work?

If you have any publications or presentations related to your research work, it is recommended to include them on your resume. This will demonstrate your expertise in your field and showcase your ability to communicate your research findings.

What other skills or experiences should I include alongside my research work?

In addition to your research work, you may also want to include any relevant skills or experiences that align with the job or industry you are applying for. This could include laboratory techniques, computer skills, or leadership experience. Be sure to tailor your resume to the specific job or industry you are targeting.