PF PHOTO CONTEST - THANKS (Nov 22 -28)

In summary, the PF Photo Contest is a weekly photography competition organized by the PF Foundation with a different theme each week. The submission deadline for the contest is every Sunday at 11:59 PM EST and participants can submit their entries through social media or email. Only one entry per person is allowed and winners are selected by a panel of judges based on creativity, originality, and how well the photo captures the theme. The winners are announced on the PF Foundation's social media pages every Monday.
Andre
PF PHOTO CONTEST - THANKS! (Nov 22 -28)

Thanks! (Nov 22-28)

Thanksgiving (USA 26 Nov), traditionally, is a time to give thanks for the harvest and express gratitude in general. Please express your gratitude for anything as well as possible by a picture for this contest.

Contest Rules:

1. Any digital photo or digitally-scanned photo relevant to the theme will be accepted within the contest period. In case there's a gray area, or you're not sure if the picture is suitable, check with me first.

2. Please resize your digital photo to no more than 650 x 490 or 490 x 650 pixels. You may also crop your picture if you wish. You are also allowed to adjust the brightness and contrast of your picture but these should not dramatically alter the look of the picture. But other than those, any form of picture editing or modification is not allowed. This is a photo contest, not a picture editing/special effect contest. You may add a watermark or your name/nickname to the photo for identification purposes.

3. Upload your photos to any of the photo servers such as imageshack or photobucket. Then post it the relevant contest thread and link your picture using the img command. PM me if you do not know how.

4. Only ONE picture per member per contest. Once a picture is posted, it cannot be changed other than a total withdrawl by that member from that week's photo contest. Exceptions will be made for modification to comply with the rules, such as resizing.

5. At the end of the contest period, I will open a poll and every PF member can vote for the picture they like best.

6. Note that in case we have a large number of entries, I will do the polling in more than one thread. If that's the case, you can vote in each of the polling threads. The photos will be assigned in the polling threads in the order they were submitted.

7. These pictures must be something that you took, not something taken off someone else's photo albums or taken by someone else. I have no way of checking if you did this, so we'll go by the honor system.

8. You can use a picture only once. Once it is used in a contest, it cannot be reused in another contest.

9. Please post only pictures meant for submission in this thread.

Physics news on Phys.org

IMG_0203.jpg

Big Smile of gratitude and generosity..even during dark times.

Happy Thanksgiving to all the americans of this site in particular.

Cool photo, Atakor, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that this image was digitally enhanced or retouched, right? (Unless you actually live in a black-and-white world with coloured accents. :smile:) It's a very cool shot, but manipulation isn't allowed in these contests.

These two are thankful that they live on a family farm, as pets, not dinner :smile:.

1zwj9t3.jpg

GeorginaS said:
Cool photo, Atakor, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that this image was digitally enhanced or retouched, right? (Unless you actually live in a black-and-white world with coloured accents. :smile:) It's a very cool shot, but manipulation isn't allowed in these contests.

Ah, sorry.. didn't know about this because I've taken it directly from the camera like that (not manually post-processed)...like B&W or Sepia tones..

Sorry.

Last edited:

Atakor said:
Ah, sorry.. didn't know about this because I've taken it directly from the camera like that (not manually post-processed)...like B&W or Sepia tones..

Sorry.

It's gorgeous. Seriously. Your camera does that? Makes everything black and white except for specific objects? That's very cool.

And Lisa, I had no idea that turkey heads and necks were so colourful and pretty.

I am thankful for a number of things, but this year Duke is number one. My wife and I rescued him after over 4 months of confinement in a Humane Society pound, and since he was the longest canine resident, he was scheduled to be the next to be transferred to the "overflow" shelter, where dogs get euthanized if they are not adopted in a week or two. This picture was taken on our back deck before his first day with us was over, and you can see how happy he is. The shadow over his flank is my 20 month-old-niece Hayley, who was approaching him with a wire brush in her hand. He patiently let her "brush" him, play with his tail, inspect his ears, and pick up his lips to look at his teeth. He is a very sweet companion. My wife works about 9 hours/day all week and takes one day per weekend to help provide round-the-clock care for her mother, who has senile dementia. I'm alone a LOT, and Duke is helping to keep me sane. We're heading into another long Maine winter, and even though I hate snow and dread clearing each huge storm (the last few winters have been brutal) Duke should help me cope. He LOVES snow, and hops around like a little puppy when he gets a chance to play in it. (Yes, we have already had a snow-storm that left persistent cover for a couple of days!)

happydog.jpg

Last edited:

I'm thankful for such a great hatchling, he always keeps a smile on my face.

son1.jpg

Bump, As we are discussing the first picture, you can still submit entries for this contest until tomorrow. There is a lot to be grateful for.

1. What is the PF Photo Contest?

The PF Photo Contest is a weekly photography competition organized by the PF Foundation to showcase and celebrate the beauty of the natural world. Each week, a different theme is announced and participants can submit their original photos related to the theme.

2. When is the submission deadline for the PF Photo Contest?

The submission deadline for the PF Photo Contest is every Sunday at 11:59 PM EST. Any entries submitted after the deadline will not be considered for that week's contest.

3. How can I participate in the PF Photo Contest?

To participate in the PF Photo Contest, you must follow the PF Foundation on social media (Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter) and submit your photo entry by tagging the PF Foundation and using the designated contest hashtag. You can also submit your entry via email to the PF Foundation.

4. Can I submit multiple entries for the PF Photo Contest?

No, each participant is only allowed to submit one entry per week for the PF Photo Contest. If multiple entries are submitted, only the first entry will be considered.

5. How are the winners of the PF Photo Contest selected?

The winners of the PF Photo Contest are selected by a panel of judges from the PF Foundation. They will evaluate the entries based on creativity, originality, and how well the photo captures the theme of the week. The winners will be announced on the PF Foundation's social media pages on Monday of the following week.