Sketching An Acceleration-Time Graph From A Velocity-Time Graph

• Thread starter 1337Montage
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Graph
In summary, an acceleration-time graph is a visual representation of the change in acceleration over time. It is closely related to a velocity-time graph, with the slope of the velocity-time graph representing acceleration. The different sections of an acceleration-time graph represent the different types of motion an object may experience. To sketch an acceleration-time graph from a velocity-time graph, you need to determine the slopes of the velocity-time graph at different points and plot them on the acceleration-time graph. An acceleration-time graph can provide information about an object's motion, including its acceleration, velocity, and displacement, as well as how its acceleration changes over time.
1337Montage

Homework Statement

2d9dao4.jpg

Homework Equations

a=v/t
v=d/t

The Attempt at a Solution

2rgfllk.jpg

Physics news on Phys.org
I believe that that is correct because since the velocity has the same negative slope, the acceleration should be a straight line. And in your attempt, the acceleration is negative and just a line, that answer is correct I believe.

yup .. has to be correct... MysticDude's reasoning looks right too.

The legend said:
yup .. has to be correct... MysticDude's reasoning looks right too.

Alright, I guess I know my calculus basics eh? Oh and thanks for the friend request.

Yep, it's correct. Thank you for your help guys.

What is an acceleration-time graph?

An acceleration-time graph is a visual representation of the change in acceleration over time. The graph shows how the acceleration of an object changes as it moves, with time on the horizontal axis and acceleration on the vertical axis.

How is an acceleration-time graph related to a velocity-time graph?

An acceleration-time graph and a velocity-time graph are closely related. The slope of a velocity-time graph represents acceleration, so the acceleration-time graph is essentially a plot of the slopes of the velocity-time graph.

What do the different sections of an acceleration-time graph represent?

The different sections of an acceleration-time graph represent the different types of motion an object may experience. A flat line represents constant acceleration, a positive slope represents increasing acceleration, and a negative slope represents decreasing acceleration.

How do you sketch an acceleration-time graph from a velocity-time graph?

To sketch an acceleration-time graph from a velocity-time graph, you first need to determine the slopes of the velocity-time graph at different points. Then, plot these slopes on the acceleration-time graph at the corresponding times. Finally, connect the points to create a smooth curve.

What information can you gather from an acceleration-time graph?

An acceleration-time graph can provide information about an object's motion, including its acceleration, velocity, and displacement. It can also show how the object's acceleration changes over time and if it is moving with constant, increasing, or decreasing acceleration.