Elizabeth Taylor RIP: Movie Legend & Celebrity Icon

• News
  • Thread starter Newai
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Rip Taylor
In summary, Elizabeth Taylor was an expert in quantum electrodynamics and was one of the early developers of the field.
Newai
One of the greatest movie legends we've ever had.

LOS ANGELES – Elizabeth Taylor, the violet-eyed film goddess whose sultry screen persona, stormy personal life and enduring fame and glamour made her one of the last of the classic movie stars and a template for the modern celebrity, died Wednesday at age 79.

She was surrounded by her four children when she died of congestive heart failure at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, where she had been hospitalized for about six weeks, said publicist Sally Morrison.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_obit_taylor [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Cleopatra was my favorite movie by her.

Evo said:
Cleopatra was my favorite movie by her.
My favorite is The Taming of the Shrew.

She was a beautiful lady, and always a lady. I liked her earlier movies more then the later ones, they tended to frighten me. My Granny was enthralled by her National Enquirer front page stories, such scandal!
RIP Liz

The Taming of the Shrew was unforgetable. Monumental acting for them both.

Now, she has divorced us all..:cry:

I have only seen one photo where her eyes actually looked violet. Can't find it. I think it was a Life or Time cover.

Her requested epitaph [on a Larry King interview]:

Here lies Elizabeth
She hated to be called Liz
She lived

Probably frolicking with Michael Jackson and has cast her eye on an angel already. :smile:

Liz-Taylors-Eyes.jpg

For Ivan

Last edited:
Thanks, Hypatia. She really was beautiful.

Too funny: Her will stated that she was to be 15 minutes late for her own funeral! :rofl: I love it!

Anima eius et animae omnium fidelium defunctorum per Dei misericordiam requiescant in pace.

Baruch Dayan Emet.

Ivan Seeking said:
Thanks, Hypatia. She really was beautiful.

Too funny: Her will stated that she was to be 15 minutes late for her own funeral! :rofl: I love it!
By definition, everyone is late for their own funeral.

Jimmy Snyder said:
By definition, everyone is late for their own funeral.

Not true. People are dying to get to their own funerals.

Newai said:
One of the greatest movie legends we've ever had.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_obit_taylor [Broken]

It's a little known fact that Elizabeth Taylor was one of the early developers of quantum electrodynamics.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. Who was Elizabeth Taylor?

Elizabeth Taylor was a British-American actress, businesswoman, and humanitarian. She was one of Hollywood's most iconic and influential movie stars, known for her beauty, talent, and larger-than-life persona. She appeared in over 50 films and won two Academy Awards for Best Actress in "Butterfield 8" (1960) and "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?" (1966).

2. When did Elizabeth Taylor pass away?

Elizabeth Taylor passed away on March 23, 2011, at the age of 79, due to congestive heart failure.

3. What were Elizabeth Taylor's most famous films?

Some of Elizabeth Taylor's most famous films include "Cleopatra" (1963), "Giant" (1956), "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof" (1958), "National Velvet" (1944), and "A Place in the Sun" (1951).

4. How did Elizabeth Taylor become a celebrity icon?

Elizabeth Taylor became a celebrity icon through her successful film career, her many marriages and relationships, and her philanthropic work. She was known for her beauty, fashion sense, and glamorous lifestyle, which captivated the public's attention. She also used her platform to raise awareness and funds for various charitable causes.

5. What was Elizabeth Taylor's legacy as a celebrity icon?

Elizabeth Taylor's legacy as a celebrity icon is one of talent, beauty, and humanitarianism. She was a trailblazer for women in Hollywood, taking control of her own career and using her platform to bring attention to important social and health issues. She also left behind a lasting impact on the film industry, with her iconic performances and larger-than-life persona inspiring future generations of actors and actresses.