Is Morrowind the Most Addictive Game Ever?

In summary: FB. :(Best game. at least best strategy game, oh.. it was so fun playing on Zone.net, or however they called it. FB. :(
radou
Homework Helper
I bought the RPG game Morrowind two days ago, and I'm playing an average of 7 hours a day since then. I don't remember the last time (except when I was a kid) a game managed to fascinate me. I fear I shall lose my life if I continue doing so. But the game is just so...so...you just have to continue playing, it's so exciting! (I sound stupid, I know.) Anyway, a piece of advice: whoever didn't play that game, well, don't play it. :uhh: :biggrin:

Joke aside, do you have something time-consuming and useless you're hooked on these days? (Post-holiday and pre-next-semester period - the most risky one. :wink: )

Computer science news on Phys.org
Facebook. :(

radou said:
Computer games are evil.
Don't ever say that around me again! :wink:

z-component said:
I second that :)

For the past few months, I've been on PF more than normal. Its time well spent though...

I wonder how many times world of warcraft is going to pop up in this thread :biggrin:

I used to play Star Wars Galaxies, a few years back, easily spending 8 hours a day, but then I screwed up in school and stopped playing that summer :cry: Fun times, mmorpg's are awesome.

z-component said:

I think I've become addicted to facebook as well over the last few weeks... not good at all, but such fun...

Hurkyl said:
Don't ever say that around me again! :wink:

Get Morrowind, and I'm sure you'll be facing some doubts about the evilness of computer games. :devil: :biggrin:

Blah, it's the winter break anyway, so I'm not feeling guilty about playing for hours. At least not yet. :approve:

Through out year 12 I refused to have a window PC because i was addicted to any game i could get my hands on.

radou said:
I bought the RPG game Morrowind two days ago, and I'm playing an average of 7 hours a day since then.

Stay away from Oblivion.

Seriously.

I got an Xbox 360 for Christmas and oblivion. You probably won't see here too much...

ranger said:
I wonder how many times world of warcraft is going to pop up in this thread :biggrin:

my alias is stonetooth and i am a WoWaholic.

siddharth said:
Stay away from Oblivion.

Seriously.

I know. Luckily, I got an older graphics card, so I can't run it properly without doing some serious tweaking etc. :smile:

I play Halo 2 nonstop.

Morrowind >> Oblivion

Although the gameplay in Oblivion is hands down superior, it doesn't immerse me in the plot the way Morrowind did. Plus there was infinitely more to do in Morrowind, ie several more factions to join - and the expansion packs were killer.

I personally prefer first person shooters, and right now I've been playing quite a bit of FEAR online. This is to pass the time until fortress forever is released for half life 2.

Does anyone remember quake world team fortress for the original quake? If you haven't, you have not experienced the most addicting fps game of all time (forget counterstrike).

siddharth said:
Stay away from Oblivion.

Seriously.
Oblivion is pure crap compared to Morrowind, and a bad game in general.

Age of Empires II: The Conquerors - now that was a good game. :approve:

morphism said:

You're the first one I heard saying that. :biggrin: Although, I have heard lots of people claiming that Morrowind is superior to Oblivion. But, it seems to be possible (although I didn't play Oblivion yet) - the more I play Morrowind, the harder it is for me to imagine any game could be more exciting.

morphism said:

Excuse me?? IMHO, Oblivion is the greatest role-playing game ever made :!) . I had to rapidly uninstall windows to prevent myself from playing it :tongue2:

Oh yes, I agree there. It's a top class RTS game.

Joke aside, do you have something time-consuming and useless you're hooked on these days?

When I was in high school, I completely wasted my time on Championship Manager 01/02. That is the most addictive game I've ever played. Since then, I've finally managed to realize the evilness of computer games :biggrin:

Last edited:
siddharth said:
When I was in high school, I completely wasted my time on Championship Manager 01/02. That is the most addictive game I've ever played. Since then, I've finally managed to realize the evilness of computer games :biggrin:

Uhh yes, didn't play it, but a lot of my friends were hooked on it. :smile:

morphism said:

best game. at least best strategy game, oh.. it was so fun playing on Zone.net, or however they called it.

radou said:
You're the first one I heard saying that. :biggrin: Although, I have heard lots of people claiming that Morrowind is superior to Oblivion. But, it seems to be possible (although I didn't play Oblivion yet) - the more I play Morrowind, the harder it is for me to imagine any game could be more exciting.

oblivion as an RPG is a bad game, real bad, since RPG is all abot: story line, interactivity, and dialogs, and oblivion has neither. i must say that its pretty cool at the beginning, but gets boring real fast...

good rpgs: "fallout 2", "baldours gate 2", "planescape"(!),"arcanium"(it has many downsides.. but still), KOTOR and gothic 2 are nice too.

Halo 2>All

EVE

That game is like crack. Luckily I quit before the summer ended.

What evidence is there that computer games are evil?

There is no scientific evidence that suggests computer games are inherently evil. While some studies have found correlations between violent video games and aggressive behavior, they do not prove a direct causal relationship.

Do computer games cause addiction?

Computer games, like any other form of entertainment, can become addictive for some individuals. However, this does not mean that all computer games are inherently addictive or evil. It is important for individuals to maintain a healthy balance and limit their screen time.

Are computer games a waste of time?

This is subjective and depends on an individual's perspective and how they choose to spend their time. For some, computer games may be a fun and enjoyable way to relax and unwind. Others may find them to be a waste of time. It ultimately comes down to personal preference and balance.

Can computer games have positive effects?

Yes, computer games can have positive effects such as improving problem-solving skills, hand-eye coordination, and social connections with other players. They can also be used as educational tools for learning and development.

Should computer games be banned?

There is no clear evidence or reason to suggest that computer games should be banned. Like any form of media, it is important for individuals to consume them responsibly and for parents to monitor their children's usage. Banning them would also limit the potential positive effects they can have.