Is Your Name an Anagram for Something Sinister?

• Thread starter holly
  • Start date
In summary, your Mystic Message reveals that you have had bad luck in the past and will continue to have more bad luck, especially in love. You will encounter an untrustworthy and cruel friend and be faced with a costly decision. Beware of receiving a letter or encountering a dark-haired stranger. However, on the positive side, you will experience success and wealth in your work, and your boss will be a light-complexioned woman. Your lucky gemstone is actually a piece of blue beachglass, and your personal tree is a maple tree, which symbolizes your uniqueness, pride, and desire for new experiences, but also warns you to keep your ego in check. It is recommended to keep a piece of maple by your front door for
holly
Denizens:

If you Wish, answer the following Three Questions, and What is Revealed will be Conveyed to You.

Please Take these Mystic Messages as they Are Intended: As Entertainment. However, sometimes Something Sinister, Disturbing, Frightening, or Astonishing will be Truly Revealed. If Such occurs, I suggest you Seek Medical Help if Weak of Heart, and Spiritual Help for all Other Needs.

QUESTION ONE: THE FUTURE OR THE PAST
A deck of cards is fanned out before you. You see the following cards. CHOOSE SEVEN DIFFERENT CARDS AND LIST THEM IN THE ORDER YOU FEEL THEY SHOULD BE CONSIDERED.
Seven of Clubs, Seven of Spades, Two of Spades, Queen of Diamonds
Four of Clubs, Four of Diamonds, Ace of Hearts, Ace of Diamonds
King of Spades, Nine of Clubs, Jack of Clubs, Nine of Diamonds, Ten of Spades

QUESTION TWO: A Warning
[no queries as to clarification of this question will be answered]
CHOOSE THREE: CAT, COIN, SUN, STAR, HEART, SNAKE, MOON, WREN, BEET, DOG, CRICKET, NAIL, DISH, BROOM.

QUESTION THREE: Your Lucky Gemstone and Personal Tree Revealed:
You look into the sky at dusk on a chill autumn day. There are clouds scuttling across the sky. Do you See:
Gray or White Clouds?
Fluffy or Thin Clouds?
Do the Clouds Move to the East or to the West?
SPELL YOUR NAME BACKWARDS AFTER CHOOSING THE ABOVE.

Thank you.

Physics news on Phys.org
holly said:
A deck of cards is fanned out before you. You see the following cards. CHOOSE SEVEN DIFFERENT CARDS AND LIST THEM IN THE ORDER YOU FEEL THEY SHOULD BE CONSIDERED.

7 club, 7 spade, 4 club, 4 diamond, 9 club, 9 diamond, Ace diamond.

CHOOSE THREE: CAT, COIN, SUN, STAR, HEART, SNAKE, MOON, WREN, BEET, DOG, CRICKET, NAIL, DISH, BROOM.

Cricket, coin, broom.

You look into the sky at dusk on a chill autumn day. There are clouds scuttling across the sky. Do you See:
Gray or White Clouds?
Fluffy or Thin Clouds?

White clouds, thin, moving eastward.

MADA

holly said:
4 of diamonds, ace of hearts, ace of diamonds, jack of clubs, 2 of spades, king of spades and nine of diamonds.

holly said:
Moon, star and cat.

holly said:
Gray or White Clouds?
Fluffy or Thin Clouds?
White, fluffy, to the east.

LASIAF

holly said:
1) Queen of Diamonds 2) Ace of Hearts 3) Four of Diamonds 4) Ace of Diamonds 5) Ten of spades 6) Nine of Diamonds 7) Jack of Clubs

holly said:

1) Star 2) Moon 3) Cricket

holly said:
Gray or White Clouds?
Fluffy or Thin Clouds?

Thank you.

Gray, thin clouds, moving East. Raebnoom

Okay...what do I win? :biggrin:

King of Spades, Ten of Spades, Queen of Diamonds, Ace of Diamonds, Ace of Hearts, Jack of Clubs, Four of Clubs

CAT, COIN, HEART

White Clouds/Fluffy Clouds/to the East

SPELL YOUR NAME BACKWARDS AFTER CHOOSING THE ABOVE. enirdnas

1. Ace of Clubs, Seven of Diamonds, Nine of Diamonds, Seven of Spades, Ace of Diamonds, Seven of Clubs, Nine of Clubs

2. Snake, Star, Moon

3. White Clouds, Thin, West

Trebor

The Bob (2004 ©)

loseyourname:
One would not wish to get the kind of fortune revealed in your Mystic Message from Beyond. You have had some bad luck in the Past, and there is More to Come: You will be Unlucky in Love soon. A new Friend proves Unworthy, Deceitful, and Cruel. Your heart will tell you to Sit at a Strange Table and take a Chance, but this will Cost you Plenty. Beware a Letter. Beware a Dark-Haired Stranger.

On the Positive Side, you will gain Wealth in your Work. Your Boss will be a Light-Compleckted Woman.

Your Lucky Gemstone is not a gemstone; it is Revealed to be a Piece of Blue Beachglass. Find such an item and place it in your pocket.

Your Personal Tree is Maple Tree, indicating you are unusual, original, reserved, proud, seeking new experiences, a quick learner, have a tendency to have a complicated Love Life, and must watch your Ego. Keep a piece of Maple hung by your Front Door wherever you Reside.

I'm cogitating on the other Fortunes. Some Dark Things are Being Revealed!

devious:

Your fortune is difficult to discern because it comes to me from a great distance, across a gray and stormy water. I see a young, Dark-Compleckted man. You have had a Carefree life, and will continue to be Lucky in having Few Cares in Life. However, a Change is in your Future. You will Travel Far. You wish to travel to a Chilly Place with many Old Buildings, but you must NOT. Instead, travel to a Place with Palm Trees. The Date Palm is in your Past and holds your Future.

Trust your Hidden Senses. You will find Fame through Clever Ideas. However, you are Tending to be Lazy. Push Yourself. As mentioned above, the Date Palm is your Personal Tree. Never Before have I seen the Tree revealed in Two Places as in Your Fortune. Beware a Dark-Compleckted older man who Wishes to stop you from Leaving. Good news comes in less than Two Years, revealing your Path.

Your Lucky Gemstone is the Peridot. Have a ring made with the Stone and Wear it Always on your Left Ring Finger. A Fair-Haired Woman will remark upon it and soon after it will be Replaced by a Wedding Band. This is 6 years hence.

Future or Past:
Queen diamonds, 9 diamonds, 4 diamonds, 4 clubs, 7 clubs, 9 clubs, A hearts

A Warning:
Sun, Moon, Heart

Gemstone and Personal Tree:
White, thin, moving to the East
Bob

(You threw in the last line just to make me feel like a party-pooper, didn't you)

Moonbeam:

*sigh* Your fortune is difficult to Read because you are Hiding your True Heart. This is because you have been Hurt in the Past. Both Friends and Lovers have disappointed you. Good News: A Dark-Compleckted young Man will soon enter your Life. I See Marriage. Put Aside the agenda of Bitter Women or you will Lose this Chance. This man is sensitive about his Appearance, having a prominent Scar, but he is quite Handsome.

A Light-Haired Woman will become your Lifelong Friend. However, she will soon be in Need and you will have to decide if you wish to Help Her. It will Cost you Dearly in Money but your Reward will be Great. Your Eyes are your Beauty; don't be Vain.

You have psychic powers but you Fear Them. Strangely, you will find Fame in a line of Work New to You. Beware these letters: M S.

Your Lucky Gemstone is the Fire Opal. Wear a Fire Opal in each ear all Winter. Your Personal Tree is the Fir Tree. You have excellent taste. You handle Stress Poorly. You enjoy helping animals and the Unlucky. You are unselfish and fear having Foes. You are very reliable and Love Beauty Exceedingly.

Evo:
The Mystic Message is clear in One Area Especially: A Dark-compleckted Older Man many years ago give you a grave disappointment and did not Support a Dream. Let Go. This is not your most Pressing Problem, however: A Young Dark-haired Man, who has been to your House many times, is practising a Deceit upon you. Beware.

You are clever in what you do, and you will soon receive much more money in your Work, but your Heart is not in it. A Light-Haired Woman attempts to do you Harm through a Letter.

You will soon receive Good News that you will initially think is Bad News. There is soon a New Member of your Family, Un-looked For.

Your backwards name has thrown a Veil over much of your fortune. This stands out: A Rare Chance will soon occur. It will Require a Move. Do Not consult Others as to your Decision; their agenda is not Yours.

Your Lucky Gemstone is actually the Pearl. Wear a Single Large Pearl on a hairthin chain at the hollow of your throat. Wear Pearls upon both hands at Christmas. Your Personal Tree is the Hazelnut: You are charming, have a sense of humor, are Very Demanding but Generous at Times, Make Lasting Impressions upon Men, Active in fighting for Social Causes, Moody, sexually oriented (sorry, that's what is Revealed), have a Precise sense of Judgment and expect Fairness in Others but Rarely Receives It. Never Eat A Hazelnut, but place one on the highest shelf in your home.

The Bob:

Money and Riches dominate your Message from Beyond. There is Money all over the place, including a Rich Gift you will soon receive. More money Comes to You in a Letter. A Fair-Haired Older Woman leaves you Money and Antiques. However, her family will attempt to Deceive you. Beware. There is Trouble, too, concerning a Letter.

You have an Implacable Enemy, motivated by Jealousy of you and your Abilities. This is a Man. A Young Woman, too, holds Anger at You.

You will, nonetheless, soon be very happy. You have an Important Decision involving Travelling to Meet a Sweetheart. It is Unclear whether this Sweetheart is extant at Present or is To Arrive Unexpectedly in your Life.

Your Lucky Gemstone is Obsidian. Carry an Oval of this Stone on your keychain at all Times. Have a Matching Oval kept on a Dresser at your Home. Your Personal Tree is the Ash: You do not Care for Criticism, you enjoy Leading but not Obeying, you are Impulsive and Demanding, Intelligent, Like to Play with Fate, and are a Faithless Lover until you find The One.

holly said:

2 Spades, Jack Clubs, 4 Clubs, 9 Clubs, Ace Hearts, 4 Diamonds, 10 Spades

Cat, Star, Snake.

Gray or White Clouds?
Fluffy or Thin Clouds?

Thin grey clouds moving to the west

semaJ

Last edited:
BobG:
Yours is the most complex Fortune so far, and Very Mysterious. It involves a New Friend, Deceit occurring at a Stranger's Table, Money, Much Talking, Going to a Strange House, and a Light-Eyed Woman of Mature Age. Do not Gamble with Strangers. Other than that, the Fortune appears to be Positive in Nature. Your New Friend and you will have Much in Common, a Mutual Occurrence in your Past, and Hit if Off Immensely Well.

Further, Great Happiness is coming your way soon. You will Meet a Charming Young Person (you will think she's too young for you) with Dark Eyes and a tragic Past, and fall in Love. Could this be the Lasting Love you have sought?

You experience a surge in popularity. An important Decision is confronting you. Your choice will bring only Good News, so don't second-guess yourself.

Beware of neglecting your work.

Your Lucky Gemstone is Aquamarine. Buy a cabachon of this gem, cut in the Round. Have it flush set in Vermeil, in a Plain Ring, and wear it upon your right pinkie finger. It will be difficult to find a cabachon cut in an Aquamarine; keep Looking. Your Personal Tree is the Cypress: You are strong physically, muscular, like unexpected presents, easily Irritated when Sad, Hard Working, fiercely Family Oriented, a Passionate Lover not Easily Pleased.

holly said:
Evo:A Young Dark-haired Man, who has been to your House many times, is practising a Deceit upon you. Beware.
Now I am paranoid. :frown:

holly said:
You are clever in what you do, and you will soon receive much more money in your Work, but your Heart is not in it. A Light-Haired Woman attempts to do you Harm through a Letter.
Is the woman someone at work?

holly said:
There is soon a New Member of your Family, Un-looked For.
Hmmm, I hope not.

holly said:
You are charming, have a sense of humor, are Very Demanding but Generous at Times, Make Lasting Impressions upon Men, Active in fighting for Social Causes, Moody, sexually oriented (sorry, that's what is Revealed), have a Precise sense of Judgment and expect Fairness in Others but Rarely Receives It.
Wow, that is me.

Jimmy P:
A Dark Fortune for You at this Time. Remember, only Possible Outcomes are revealed; there are Other Paths hidden from our Sight. You are not Doomed by this Fortune, just Forewarned:

You are a Dark-Compleckted Young Man. Avoid going to any Stranger's Home, disappointment would follow. Someone is attempting to Deceive you, is Lying to you, Tells Tales, and Talks too Much. This person is NOT your friend.

You will encounter a clever enemy Lurking Nearby, jealous of your Mind and Ways. Beware.

You will be confronted with an Important Decision. A True Friend needs you, but you must Travel to this person.

Your Lucky Gemstone is not a gem, but a two-colored coin. Keep this Coin with You at ALL times. Place it upon a chain and wear it Even when you Shower. Your Tree is Rowan Tree: You are full of Charm, cheerful, gifted without Egotism, Love to Draw Attention, Love Life, Tend to Unrest, Like to Complicate the Love Life, Are Emotional, Are Good Company, and Do not Forgive Easily.

A Quick Glance in the Crystal Ball indicates I am Soon to be in Peril of FLunking my Summer School courses, if I don't stop Playing today and do some some Work!

Evo, don't panic! Do you have a dark-haired son? Do any teens use your computer? My son (dark-haired) "practised a deceit" upon me recently (as predicted by the cards and his hormones): he downloaded some very, uh, interesting pictures of unclothed young ladies.

I had to get an injection of Valium.

holly said:
Evo, don't panic! Do you have a dark-haired son?
No, but my best friend is much younger than me and he has dark hair. I am old enough to be his mother.

Without having looked at the other responses:

1 King of Spades
2 Ace of Hearts
3 Four of Diamonds
4 Jack of Clubs
5 Two of Spades
6 Four of Clubs
7 Ace of Diamonds

cat, star, sun

White, thin clouds moving east. Euqinom :)

Unusual. :cool:

The Bob (2004 ©)

Monique:
A Dark Fortune in One Way: Beware going to a Dark-Haired Older Man's House. Danger awaits. A young dark-eyed man you will meet through friends is Untrue, tells you Lies, and is Deceitful. He claims a Degree he does not Possess in an attempt to mislead you. His Heart is even Darker than his Eyes. But the rest of your Fortune is positive:

Through your work, you Will find Recognition in the U.S. A Clever idea brings you into Demand in your Field. A technique you develop Brings Fame.

Happiness is coming after a Difficult Decision in your Personal Life. You will receive Strange News in 3 months, but it will turn to your Advantage.

Your Lucky Gemstone is the Emerald. Have a square-cut Emerald placed in an old-fashioned setting and wear it upon your right forefinger. Your Tree is the Fig. You are strong-minded, self-willed, loyal, you dislike to be Contradicted, love your Friends, are a Social Butterfly, like laziness and idleness after long demanding tasks at work, have an undiscovered Artistic talent and great intelligence, attract Unappreciative men and Tend to Squander your Beauty.

holly said:
Jimmy P:
A Dark Fortune for You at this Time. Remember, only Possible Outcomes are revealed; there are Other Paths hidden from our Sight. You are not Doomed by this Fortune, just Forewarned:

what is a dark fortune?? my life always seems riddled with paths, my aunt says so too...

You are a Dark-Compleckted Young Man. Avoid going to any Stranger's Home, disappointment would follow. Someone is attempting to Deceive you, is Lying to you, Tells Tales, and Talks too Much. This person is NOT your friend.

Hey, I'm dark... again... Everyone always tries to decieve me :grumpy:

You will encounter a clever enemy Lurking Nearby, jealous of your Mind and Ways. Beware.

You will be confronted with an Important Decision. A True Friend needs you, but you must Travel to this person.

Your Lucky Gemstone is not a gem, but a two-colored coin. Keep this Coin with You at ALL times. Place it upon a chain and wear it Even when you Shower. Your Tree is Rowan Tree: You are full of Charm, cheerful, gifted without Egotism, Love to Draw Attention, Love Life, Tend to Unrest, Like to Complicate the Love Life, Are Emotional, Are Good Company, and Do not Forgive Easily.

That description of me is pretty much dead on...or so I hope. It seems like I am going to have a lot of trouble in my life :frown: I don't even get a stone, just a coin. Is this metaphorical??

I don't like my reading, it sounds depressing and a lot of work...

Oh wouw holly, thank you :biggrin: not quite sure on the unappreciative men and squandering beauty, but I'll keep an eye out for those misleading men :uhh: strange news in three months.. hmm.. :)

jimmy p, all our positive energy has been focussed on you so I think you'll do just fine :)

Evo, not to be rude, but perhaps the Fortune should have been read backwards, and you are deceiving this poor young man! "Yes, honey, I really like that meal you cooked. I've never seen potatoes quite so mashed before!" Or maybe he said something like, "Evo, those shorts definitely don't make your butt look big, honest."

Jimmy P, a Dark Fortune just means to Be Alert to Danger. Be glad you got the COIN instead of some weird gemstone. Your gem is the orange garnet, anyway. Happy?

Monique, watch those men! I'm serious!

jimmy p, you brat, I cut the deck (whorehouse cuts) again, and have something to add to your Fortune: You will soon be recruited into a different path than you thought. A career in Medicine is before you. Twins fall in love with you. Something very valuable arrives in the mail.

holly said:
Your Personal Tree is the Cypress: You are strong physically, muscular, like unexpected presents, easily Irritated when Sad, Hard Working, fiercely Family Oriented, a Passionate Lover not Easily Pleased.
Wow, that's right on the money (well, at least if muscular is another word for hardly any fat)! A Cypress tree, huh. That's a lot better than my last analysis which said I was a F&*&#ing Sticker Bush (And I was just learning to look at the bright side, like how I was a protector to meek creatures, such as Brer Rabbit).

holly said:
Your Lucky Gemstone is Aquamarine. Buy a cabachon of this gem, cut in the Round. Have it flush set in Vermeil, in a Plain Ring, and wear it upon your right pinkie finger. It will be difficult to find a cabachon cut in an Aquamarine; keep Looking.
Darn right it will be difficult! First, I'll have to look in a dictionary to find out what cabochon and vermeil means.

holly said:
Further, Great Happiness is coming your way soon. You will Meet a Charming Young Person (you will think she's too young for you) with Dark Eyes and a tragic Past, and fall in Love. Could this be the Lasting Love you have sought?
My wife hopes not - but then, she's not around much, anyway.

holly said:
Beware of neglecting your work.

Doh! You're right! My boss just walked in and caught me goofing off on the Physics Forum!

holly said:
Or maybe he said something like, "Evo, those shorts definitely don't make your butt look big, honest."
Ah, so when he told me last night that even though he just spent a week on a remote mediterranean island with some Romanian bikini models for a photo shoot, and that it was pure hell and he was so glad it was over, maybe it wasn't really all that bad? :devil:

holly said:
A Quick Glance in the Crystal Ball indicates I am Soon to be in Peril of FLunking my Summer School courses, if I don't stop Playing today and do some some Work!

We will work on making this prediction right :wink:

1. Ace of Hearts
2. Ace of Diamonds
3. Seven of Clubs
4. Seven of Spades
5. Jack of Clubs
6. King of Spades
7. Queen of Diamonds

SUN, DOG, WREN

White Clouds, Thin, Move to the East

KCiNnaY

holly said:
Moonbeam:

*sigh* Your fortune is difficult to Read because you are Hiding your True Heart. This is because you have been Hurt in the Past. Both Friends and Lovers have disappointed you. Good News: A Dark-Compleckted young Man will soon enter your Life. I See Marriage. Put Aside the agenda of Bitter Women or you will Lose this Chance. This man is sensitive about his Appearance, having a prominent Scar, but he is quite Handsome.

Ooh, sounds like a character right out of a fairy tale! Dark, handsome, with a sexy scar! Any help on where I'm supposed to go to find him?

holly said:
A Light-Haired Woman will become your Lifelong Friend. However, she will soon be in Need and you will have to decide if you wish to Help Her. It will Cost you Dearly in Money but your Reward will be Great. Your Eyes are your Beauty; don't be Vain.

Hmm, wow, hopefully that's way in the future. I do have a friend who's blonde and I hope nothing bad is about to happen to her!

holly said:
You have psychic powers but you Fear Them. Strangely, you will find Fame in a line of Work New to You. Beware these letters: M S.

Fame in a new line of work? I toyed with the idea of changing careers not long ago...set that aside for now, but this is interesting to hear since I was giving it pretty serious thought (just want to have a little more financial security before leaping into the unknown). I'll have to figure out what's up with M S.

holly said:
Your Lucky Gemstone is the Fire Opal. Wear a Fire Opal in each ear all Winter. Your Personal Tree is the Fir Tree. You have excellent taste. You handle Stress Poorly. You enjoy helping animals and the Unlucky. You are unselfish and fear having Foes. You are very reliable and Love Beauty Exceedingly.

Okay, this is so cool, and so weird! As I was reading the other fortunes here, I was thinking, okay, that could be for anybody, but then I got mine, and this all actually means stuff to me...not just in a vague, it could happen to anybody sort of thing. I have opal earrings, they are my favorites (I actually have a lot of opal jewelry, it's my birthstone and I love the way they look even if it wasn't), but my ear got infected and the hole closed while letting it heal. I was just thinking yesterday that I should go get it re-pierced so I can wear my earrings again! Guess I better do that before winter :wink:

Thanks Holly, that was fun! Gosh, and much more positive than I was expecting with all the doom and gloom of some of the other fortunes here! I must have gotten extra points for eating veggies :biggrin:

PS - Anyone around here know any men with dark complexions who have prominent scars? As long as their initials aren't MS, I think I need to be introduced to them :wink:

Last edited:
holly said:
Monique:
A Dark Fortune in One Way: Beware going to a Dark-Haired Older Man's House. Danger awaits. A young dark-eyed man you will meet through friends is Untrue, tells you Lies, and is Deceitful. He claims a Degree he does not Possess in an attempt to mislead you. His Heart is even Darker than his Eyes.

Hey, Monique, I think I know that guy! :surprise: Stay far, far away from him! *shivers*

iansmith:
A Fog shrouds much of your Fortune tonight.

A new Friend brings Trouble. A House with a Letter designating it will play a role in your life. A young dark-haired man, and an older couple -- the man Dark, the woman Fair -- will return to your life. You will gaze down at a city with them.

Death was near, you but you escaped. Happiness will come due to your refusal to break an oath. Someone tries to make you weaken, but you turn to friends and prevail.

There is tremendous Mystery associated with your past. Something is missing.

Your Lucky Gemstone is Young Jade. Find a small ring of the palest green jade. Do not place it upon your finger, but tie it with a Black Thread and wear it around your neck after January 6th of next Year. Wear it until the thread is almost completely Frayed, then remove it and Search for the woman whose ring finger is a Perfect fit. Your Tree is the Walnut: You are Unrelenting, full of Contrasts, often egotistic, Noble, Broad-minded, tend to have Unexpected Reactions, Ambitious, make a Difficult Partner, often Disliked but always Admired, Ingenious, Very Jealous, Passionate. Watch your Tendency towards Snobbery.

Question 1:
Ace Hearts, Ace Diamonds, King Spades, Queen Diamonds, Jack Clubs, Ten Spades, Nine Clubs

Question 2:
Coin, Star, Moon

Question 3:
Fluffy white clouds moving east. K-R-A-M

Sounds fun! :)

Ace of Hearts
Ace of Diamonds
Seven of Spades
King of Spades
Jack of Clubs
Seven of Clubs