What can iPhone do with my physics?

In summary, the conversation discusses the availability of physics related software on an iPhone. The speaker mentions a limited version of Matlab and suggests searching on iTunes. They also mention an online app from Wolfram Alpha and the website "codepad" on Safari. Another person suggests a physics game called iPhysics and a graphics calculator app called Spacetime. They also mention a cheat sheet for LaTeX symbols.
Shing
Hi guys, I just got an Iphone from my dad.
I am not a big fans of these sort of things, pretty much just a physics geek lol

Now I am thinking, besides I can watch some lecture videos or read some ebook from it,
is there any software(things like MatLab) about physics available on iphone?

thanks.

Computer science news on Phys.org
You have a limited Matlab version for that platform, just search Itunes. Also, Wolfram Alpha has an online based app and for more specific programming you could try out the "codepad" site on safari (just google it).

There could be more physics related stuff, but it really depends on what you want to do.

Physics was one of the few subjects in college we didn't fail (with English, Math, Philosophy, Psychology and Philosophy rounding out the list of ones we did), so we take exceptional interest in this iPhysics game. Just use your finger to create new objects that you can fling around inside your iPhone/iTouch using the game's built-in physics engine. It's no ragdoll getting hit in the nuts (one of my college programming projects), but it'll pass the time on the can. [Installerapps]

Spacetime is a nice graphics calculator with symbolics for the iPhone and iPod touch. Price wasn't bad at about $20 when I bought it. Animated plotting (4D) is impressive and very easy to use.

This might be a bit more on the math side of things, but there's a pretty nice little cheat sheet of LaTeX symbols out there.

1. What physics-related apps are available on the iPhone?

There are several physics-related apps available on the iPhone, such as physics calculators, virtual lab simulations, and educational games.

2. Can I use my iPhone to conduct experiments in physics?

No, your iPhone is not capable of conducting experiments in physics. However, there are apps that can help you collect and analyze data for experiments.

3. How can I use my iPhone to learn more about physics?

There are many educational apps and resources on the App Store that can help you learn more about physics, including videos, interactive simulations, and textbooks.

4. Is it possible to use my iPhone to solve complex physics equations?

Yes, there are several physics calculator apps available on the App Store that can handle complex equations and provide accurate solutions.

5. Can I use my iPhone to measure physical quantities?

Yes, there are apps that can turn your iPhone into a measuring device for physical quantities such as distance, velocity, and acceleration. However, these measurements may not be as accurate as using dedicated scientific instruments.