How do I convert g/cm3 to Kg/ft3?

• Thread starter NXSmiggy
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses a request for a conversion method for two units and offers a solution using 1000g = 1kg and 2.54cm = 1/12ft. The conversation also mentions that an inch is defined as exactly 2.54cm in the USA and suggests using Google Calculator for conversions.
NXSmiggy
Hi guys, I'm wondering if anyone knows of a conversion method for these two units.

I'm developing a calculator (simple VBS script) to convert units and was asked by a friend to include this conversion if possible.

I'm Struggling to work out a equation or conversion method that I can use.

All help will be greatly appreciated

Thank you

Physics news on Phys.org
Use 1000 g = 1 Kg and 2.54 cm = 1/12 ft (approx).

Doc Al said:
2.54 cm = 1/12 ft (approx).

IIRC, in the USA at least, an inch is defined as 2.54 cm exactly.

jtbell said:
IIRC, in the USA at least, an inch is defined as 2.54 cm exactly.
Hey, you're right! (D'oh!)

What is the formula for converting g/cm3 to Kg/ft3?

The formula for converting g/cm3 to Kg/ft3 is: (g/cm3) x 1000 = Kg/m3, and then (Kg/m3) x 0.062428 = Kg/ft3.

Why do we need to convert between g/cm3 and Kg/ft3?

In scientific experiments, it is important to have consistent units of measurement. Converting between g/cm3 and Kg/ft3 allows for easier comparison and analysis of data.

What are some common applications for converting g/cm3 to Kg/ft3?

Converting between these units is commonly used in fields such as chemistry, physics, and engineering. It can also be used in everyday life, for example when measuring the density of a substance or calculating the weight of an object.

Can I use an online calculator to convert g/cm3 to Kg/ft3?

Yes, there are many online calculators available that can quickly and accurately convert between these units. However, it is always important to double check the conversion using the correct formula.

Is there an easy way to remember the conversion factor for g/cm3 to Kg/ft3?

One way to remember the conversion factor is to think of it as moving the decimal point three places to the right when converting from g/cm3 to Kg/m3, and then moving the decimal point one place to the left when converting from Kg/m3 to Kg/ft3.