Retrieving Past Posts: Navigating Page Numbers Beyond 20

• Thread starter courtrigrad
  • Start date
In summary, if you want to view your first posts on a forum, you can either click on your name and select "find more posts by this user" or use the advanced search option to search for posts from a specific user and time period. This allows you to view more than the limited 20 page results.
courtrigrad
Lets say I want to look back at some of my first posts? How would I do that? The page numbers only go up to 20.

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
courtrigrad said:
Lets say I want to look back at some of my first posts? How would I do that? The page numbers only go up to 20.
Thanks
An easy way to view the last 500 posts you've made is to click on your name and then "find more posts by this user".

If you do an advanced search, you can go back a year. Other than that, I believe you have to search archives.

Last edited:
I believe courtrigrad is asking how to get around the limited search results (20 pages worth) that one receives when one clicks "find more posts by this user."

Here's what you can do. In the PF toolbar, click "Search," then "Advanced Search." Type in the user name of the PF member whose posts you want to search in the "User Name" field. From here, you can use the "Search Options" section to manipulate what results the search brings up. You can use the "Find posts from" drop down boxes to search from before or after a certain amount of time in the past (e.g. find posts from before/after a month ago, a year ago, etc.) You can also search starting from your first posts rather than your newest posts by selecting "in Ascending Order" from the drop down box in the "Sort Results by" section.

thanks a lot hypnagogue and Evo

My thanks as well. I kept meaning to ask about that myself and always forgot to.

1. How can I view my previous posts?

To go back to your previous posts, simply click on your profile or username and select the option for "Posts". This will bring up a list of all your previous posts in chronological order.

2. Can I edit or delete my old posts?

Yes, you can edit or delete your old posts by clicking on the three dots or "More" option on the post and selecting the desired action. Keep in mind that once a post is deleted, it cannot be recovered.

3. Is there a way to search for a specific post?

Yes, you can use the search bar on your profile page to search for a specific post. You can also use keywords or hashtags in the search bar to find relevant posts.

4. How far back can I go in my post history?

The limit on how far back you can go in your post history may vary depending on the platform you are using. However, most social media platforms allow you to access all your previous posts since you joined the platform.

5. Can I view my posts from a specific time period?

Yes, you can use the date range filter on your profile or posts page to view posts from a specific time period. This is useful if you want to see your posts from a particular month, year, or a custom date range.