Are Tutorials Still a Valuable Resource for Scientists?

• Thread starter yourdadonapogostick
  • Start date
In summary, there are various options for finding online tutorials for scientific research techniques, including academic websites, professional organizations, and video hosting platforms. Many of these resources offer free tutorials, such as the National Institutes of Health and various open-access scientific journals. To find tutorials specific to a certain scientific discipline, using keywords related to that discipline can be helpful. There are also many tutorials available for statistical analysis and using specific scientific equipment, which can be found on manufacturer websites, through search engines, or by checking with universities or institutions.
yourdadonapogostick
why do you guys have them now? didn't you all shun the idea when i proposed it long ago?:confused:

Physics news on Phys.org
But we didn't go with your idea. Your idea was for PF members to write the tutorials. What Greg did was get permission to use already-prepared tutorials from professors around the world, and then attach them to our site. Much less work!

No difference since I can't read them! Sounds like the problem is my side. :grumpy:

1. Where can I find online tutorials for scientific research techniques?

There are many places to find online tutorials for scientific research techniques. Some popular options include academic websites, professional organizations, and video hosting platforms such as YouTube. You can also check with your university or institution for any resources they may provide.

2. Are there any free tutorials available for scientific experiments?

Yes, there are many free tutorials available for scientific experiments. Some reputable sources include the National Institutes of Health (NIH) website, the National Science Foundation (NSF) website, and various open-access scientific journals. Additionally, many universities and organizations offer free online courses and workshops on specific research techniques.

3. How can I find tutorials specifically for a certain scientific discipline?

To find tutorials for a specific scientific discipline, you can narrow your search by using specific keywords related to that discipline. For example, if you are looking for tutorials on molecular biology techniques, you can search for "molecular biology tutorials" or "molecular biology methods." You can also check with professional organizations or societies related to your field of study for any tutorials they offer.

4. Are there any tutorials available for statistical analysis in scientific research?

Yes, there are many tutorials available for statistical analysis in scientific research. Some popular resources include online courses, books, and websites dedicated to teaching statistical analysis. You can also check with your university or institution for any workshops or tutorials they may offer on statistical analysis.

5. Where can I find tutorials for using specific scientific equipment?

You can find tutorials for using specific scientific equipment on the manufacturer's website or by searching for the equipment name and "tutorial" on a search engine. You can also check with your university or institution for any resources they may provide on using scientific equipment. Additionally, there are many YouTube channels and online forums dedicated to teaching how to use specific equipment.