Power of Suggestion: Have You Noticed?

In summary, the conversation discusses the human nature of wanting as much as others and being manipulated into thinking it was one's own idea. It also mentions the fight or flight reaction and the survival instinct in animals. The conversation ends with a statement about the complexities of human behavior.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Have you ever noticed some one looking intently at some thing, i find it
imposible not to look as well, Why ?

Physics news on Phys.org
Because it is human nature to want as much as someone else is getting. So you don't want to 'miss out' on what is your fair share. I find it funny how people are manupulated by suggesting something to them and then making it look like it was their idea to begin with.

Averagesupernova said:
Because it is human nature to want as much as someone else is getting. So you don't want to 'miss out' on what is your fair share. I find it funny how people are manupulated by suggesting something to them and then making it look like it was their idea to begin with.

I thought it was more a (fight or flee) reaction, one has to look incase there
is some thing dangerous out there, what ever it is, it takes will power to over
come, and if one can resist, it leaves a nagging thought as to what the heck
the person was looking at.

Another reason is for survival. If an animal sees a lion, it runs. When the other animals see a the first animal run, they also run.

But consider:

"Your shoelace is untied"

The above statement is a bit bad to use on that..Ther must be something more to it.

What is the power of suggestion?

The power of suggestion is the ability to influence someone's thoughts, feelings, and behaviors through subtle cues or messages.

How does the power of suggestion work?

The power of suggestion works by tapping into the subconscious mind and bypassing the critical thinking process. Suggestions can be made through language, body language, and other forms of nonverbal communication.

What are some examples of the power of suggestion in everyday life?

Some common examples of the power of suggestion include marketing and advertising techniques, hypnosis, and peer pressure.

Can the power of suggestion be used for therapeutic purposes?

Yes, the power of suggestion can be used in therapy to help individuals overcome fears, change negative thought patterns, and improve overall well-being.

Is the power of suggestion scientifically proven?

Yes, there is scientific evidence that supports the effectiveness of the power of suggestion. Studies have shown that suggestions can influence perception, behavior, and physiological responses in individuals.