Do you also get mad when people disrupt your work?

• Thread starter heartless
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Work
In summary: This anger usually comes without prompting, and often leads to stupid thoughts and curses. - For example, during school year, Warren was doing math problems from various contests when the bell rang, and he was forced out of the class. - Another example is usually at night, when parents just in the middle of reading a book order Warren to go to sleep, but he can't just do anything and his mind comes up with curses. - Warren also experiences this anger when he's working on a project and someone interrupts him. - However, Warren has found that the peace and quiet of the night is the best time for him to work
heartless
Very often when people or something stops me from doing work, my mind just automatically gets angry, and I'm not able to think as before anymore. For example, during school year, there was a time when I was doing some math problems from various contests and right in the middle of solving it, bell rang, I cantinued to solve problems despite everyone getting out, and I was forced out the class by a teacher. Without even prompting my mind for action, it automatically came up with anger, and stupid thoughts that classes are too short and should be much longer. Another example is usually at night, when parents just in the middle of reading a book, order me to sleep, then I can't just do anything, and my mind itself comes up with various curses and again anger that I can't finish reading. Or even at work, when I'm in the middle of finishing isolating a pipe, guy comes up and tells me , it's 3 o'clock and I need to leave, and yet I have still entire floor to do, and need one more hour to finish all.
Do you guys also get mad when people stop you from doing various things?

Physics news on Phys.org
Mattara's reaction when someone sends usless IMs in the middle of creating a wordpress theme/skin for forum/simpel calc. program in Python etc.

"Oh, just **** the **** off, you **** !" alt. "If you value your current position, you do not want to push this further".

That last one usually works. Note that nothing in this post actually was filtered.

That's why I'm an artifically nocturnal student. I go into an empty classroom or reading room at night, the whole department to myself, with the pleasant certainty that nothing, say nothing will bother me for many many hours... until about 0400 when the janitors come by cleaning the floors... which of course means it's time for breakfast, and then no further interruption until shortly before the first classes start. Weekends are even better - no janitors! Summer is somewhat less convenient as far as studying goes, I'm quite miffed about the whole affair. I see no sense in such a ridiculously long vacation, when there's nothing to be done but studying anyway.

I used to really value the hours between 10 pm and 4 am -- my favorite hours of the day -- specifically because of the lack of interruptions. During those hours, I could work on a program, read a book, work on a painting, or do most of my other hobbies with peace and quiet. I also felt more creative and productive during those hours, but that was probably mostly due to the lack of interruption.

I lived alone for a while, and enjoying having peace and quiet whenever I wanted it. Now I live with my girlfriend, and have forgotten what peace and quiet even mean. :biggrin:

- Warren

1. What do you do when someone interrupts your work?

As a scientist, I understand the importance of focus and concentration in my work. So, when someone interrupts me, I try to politely communicate that I need some uninterrupted time to complete my tasks.

2. How does it affect your work when someone disrupts you?

Disruptions can be frustrating and can break my flow of thought, making it difficult to continue where I left off. It can also result in errors or delays in my work.

3. How do you handle disruptions from coworkers?

I believe in open communication and setting boundaries. I make sure to communicate my work schedule and when I need uninterrupted time to my coworkers. I also try to find a common ground and come up with solutions to minimize disruptions.

4. Do you ever get angry when someone interrupts your work?

I wouldn't say I get angry, but I do get frustrated when my work is disrupted. I try to take a deep breath and remind myself that interruptions are a part of working in a collaborative environment.

5. Is it important to have a quiet and uninterrupted work environment as a scientist?

Yes, for most scientific work, concentration and focus are crucial. A quiet and uninterrupted work environment allows me to think clearly and perform experiments accurately. However, I also understand that collaboration and teamwork are essential in scientific research, so finding a balance is key.