What are your favorite movies?

• Thread starter Moni
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Movies
In summary, participants in the conversation discussed their favorite movies and recommended some to each other. Some of the popular choices included Saving Private Ryan, It's a Wonderful Life, Gladiator, Pulp Fiction, 2001 Space Odyssey, A Beautiful Mind, Memento, Amelie, Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, and Kal Ho Naa Ho. They also expressed their admiration for directors Stanley Kubrick and Quentin Tarantino. Some mentioned not watching TV frequently, but enjoying movies instead.
Moni
Movie ?

I know more or less you all watch TV and go to cinema halls for good Movie shows!

Now what you have to tell us the name of the movies you liked!

It’s not year dependent. You can give a list or at least mention only one name you liked most in your life you passed so far!

Physics news on Phys.org
Hmmm

Saving Private Ryan...
It's a Wonderful Life
Gladiator.

Actually i hardly watch tv, i either watch Simpsons though quite rarely or M.A.S.H. when it is on, but that's about it really.

I also rarely watch tv. Here are some recent movies I've enjoyed.

If you haven't seen them already, you really should. Like, go get them now. :smile:

Memento

Donnie Darko

Recently I've watched:

Old but new to me :(

Casablanca
Sound of Music
Cleopatra

New:

The Last Samurai

All of them are Xellent :)

God save our gracious kubric!
God save our gracious kubric!
God save Kubric!

and ditto to Tarentino

love em all. all movies by them.

especially:

Pulp Fiction
2001 Space Oddessy

A Beautiful Mind

I haven't watched television since a long time (except the news or the occasional cabaretier).. movies.. well: Finding Nemo was refresing, Memento, Amelie, a whole bunch of foreign art movies, um, well, I just watched Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge today (come fall in love) which was far beyond my expectation.. lots of tissues needed :P, um, yes.

Originally posted by Loren Booda
A Beautiful Mind
I liked it too

Originally posted by Monique
I haven't watched television since a long time (except the news or the occasional cabaretier).. movies.. well: Finding Nemo was refresing, Memento, Amelie, a whole bunch of foreign art movies, um, well, I just watched Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge today (come fall in love) which was far beyond my expectation.. lots of tissues needed :P, um, yes.

Today I've seen "Kal Ho Naa Ho"! Oh! It's really a great movie!
Making, Acting both are fantastic but songs are not much attractive as it should be :frown:

1. What makes a movie your favorite?

As a scientist, I appreciate movies that have a well-crafted storyline, strong character development, and thought-provoking themes. I also enjoy films that make use of cutting-edge technology and special effects.

2. How do you decide which movies are your favorites?

I base my decision on a combination of personal enjoyment and critical analysis. I consider the overall impact of the movie, its artistic merit, and its cultural relevance.

3. Are your favorite movies all from a certain genre?

No, my favorite movies span across multiple genres including drama, science fiction, comedy, and documentary. I believe that each genre offers unique storytelling opportunities and can be equally enjoyable.

4. Do your favorite movies change over time?

Yes, my list of favorite movies evolves as I discover new films and revisit old favorites. My personal tastes and preferences also change over time, which can affect my perception of a movie.

5. Can you name a few of your all-time favorite movies?

Some of my all-time favorite movies include "Blade Runner," "Inception," "The Shawshank Redemption," "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind," and "The Matrix." Each of these films has a unique and captivating storyline that left a lasting impression on me.