Kitten Lovers: Cuteness Overload

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Evo
In summary: I screamed like a little girl and the animal control guy threw the bag over the cat's head and squeezed. The cat went limp in the bag. It was one of the scariest things I've ever done, but I made it out unscathed. So I'm not exactly scared of cats, but I am definitely cautios about getting scratched by them. In summary, Moonbear was telling the story of how her cat Ember is doing, and how she is going through the terrible twos now. She also mentions how Ember is teaching her how to throw around kitty litter, and how the stray cat that had kittens a few
  • #3,431
strangerep said:
Are you sure you didn't roll over in your sleep and squash it? :nb)
Hehe. I sure didn't. It was a dream with a happy ending :smile:.

But boy, if that were to happen, I'd be like: My cat! :H.

... And terrified.

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #3,432
Psinter said:
But boy, if that were to happen, I'd be like: My cat! :H.
It won't happen, believe me. What will happen is, that you don't dare to move at all, because your cat found a pretty convenient place for herself and rather inconvenient for you, preferably somewhere between your legs. And you don't dare to disturb her. As a result you will wake up with some pain somewhere and still be tired.

• #3,433
fresh_42 said:
It won't happen, believe me. What will happen is, that you don't dare to move at all, because your cat found a pretty convenient place for herself and rather inconvenient for you, preferably somewhere between your legs. And you don't dare to disturb her. As a result you will wake up with some pain somewhere and still be tired.
:oldlaugh:

I shall keep that in mind for when, if, my dream comes true.

• #3,434
Psinter said:
It was a dream with a happy ending :smile:.
OK, I'm going to assume you don't know the alternate meaning of what you just said. :biggrin:

Slightly more seriously, it's possible that a cat will want to sleep right across your face, since there's warm breath coming out of your nose/mouth. Once, when I was young, my mother happened to come into my room while I was sleeping and found exactly this situation, to her great alarm. She was surprised the cat had not already smothered me.

Likes Psinter
  • #3,435
Dogs trying to be friends with cats

Likes strangerep, collinsmark, Borg and 1 other person
  • #3,436
strangerep said:
OK, I'm going to assume you don't know the alternate meaning of what you just said. :biggrin:
:oldconfused: There is an alternate meaning? *thinking* ...I swear I can't think of anything. I'm not good at solving riddles.
strangerep said:
Slightly more seriously, it's possible that a cat will want to sleep right across your face, since there's warm breath coming out of your nose/mouth. Once, when I was young, my mother happened to come into my room while I was sleeping and found exactly this situation, to her great alarm. She was surprised the cat had not already smothered me.
If it was a baby cat when, that must have been so cute! And funny.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Here is a gif video of a cat. Tip: If it's not already looping, right click it and check the loop. Enjoy the looping cuteness :partytime:.

• #3,437
Psinter said:
:oldconfused: There is an alternate meaning? *thinking* ...I swear I can't think of anything. I'm not good at solving riddles.
Try Googling it. (I don't want to be more explicit here lest I get an infraction/warning.)

If it was a baby cat when, that must have been so cute!
No, she was a fully grown black half-Persian, called "Sooty Puss", that friends of my mother rescued from an alley as a kitten. A lovely cat, but we had to curb her desire to sleep across human faces.

• #3,438
4mime-attachment.jpg
12mime-attachment.jpg

Likes cnh1995 and Psinter
  • #3,439
strangerep said:
Try Googling it.
Ok, let's see... :wideeyed: Nope. Definitely not what I meant. I meant that we were happy. I hugged it and we slept next to each other happily without a care in the world.
strangerep said:
No, she was a fully grown black half-Persian, called "Sooty Puss", that friends of my mother rescued from an alley as a kitten. A lovely cat, but we had to curb her desire to sleep across human faces.
Haha. That makes the phrase: "If not for sleep why is it made of warm." valid. :oldlaugh:

Can't remember if I have posted this video. It looks so fragile :cry:: https://i.imgur.com/SxW5RW4.mp4

Likes DennisN
  • #3,440
The Electronic Cat.

My sociable cat interfered with me today when I was sorting electronic components (resistors). It is not advisable to mix cats with small components, but it is nevertheless pretty nice to have company when doing boring things...

32748267842_0693d2ca04_c.jpg

Likes Psinter, davenn, fresh_42 and 1 other person
  • #3,441
Likes DennisN
  • #3,443
DennisN said:
The Electronic Cat.
cat resistance.jpg

Likes Evo, davenn, jtbell and 3 others
  • #3,444
True, true @Bandersnatch! It is truly both physically and emotionally difficult to keep that cat away from playing with small bags and things :smile:.

• #3,445
DennisN said:
True, true @Bandersnatch! It is truly both physically and emotionally difficult to keep that cat away from playing with small bags and things :smile:.
She's a pretty one. Who could even try to resist. :cat:

Likes DennisN
  • #3,447
One of the watch-cats in a vacant storefront downtown yesterday.

IMG_0213.JPG

Likes Evo, davenn and DennisN
  • #3,448
Nice balancing skill, @jtbell!

• #3,449
L4zORKv.gif

That reaction. Very cute. If you watch closely, you can see the water droplet.

I'll be off for a while. But if you feel sad, you can always watch photoshopped cat: Original (This one found in the comments)
2yXpYI9.png

Honestly, I could see this pic all day, and one month later I would still laugh if I saw it.

Likes DennisN
  • #3,450
awwwwww-dorable cats

• #3,451
cute ...

17155229_10211245287742137_7642772834465850338_n.jpg

Likes Evo, DennisN, jtbell and 3 others
  • #3,452

Likes Evo and DennisN
  • #3,454
Cat Plays Ping Pong! - 1951

Likes strangerep, collinsmark, Evo and 1 other person
  • #3,455
t5XFYCR.jpg

Likes Evo and fresh_42
  • #3,457
wasn't sure if to put this in the science thread or this thread
go for this one :smile:

hurricane reference guide.jpg

Likes BCHC, DennisN, jtbell and 2 others
  • #3,458
Likes DennisN
  • #3,459
Milk battle.

Likes nuuskur, davenn and Borg
  • #3,460
Is that an ocelot? :OO

• #3,461
A couple of photos of my cat:
33835558415_c0642d9825_c.jpg

33835561825_4e20af1071_c.jpg

33706454491_29bebaaf3c_c.jpg

Likes AlexCaledin and Drakkith
  • #3,462
Aaargh. Must... resist... temptation to get a kitten... :frown:

Likes nuuskur, DennisN and fresh_42
  • #3,463
A terrible situation with a happy ending.

Likes strangerep
  • #3,464
A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E! I love kittens!. Unfortunately, I have to give them up because my son has Asthma. :(
I miss my kittens..

• #3,465
17800113_1449862671746879_3254080609627486497_n.jpg

Likes AlexCaledin, DennisN and berkeman