Sweat it Out with Strip Aerobics: A New Fitness Trend

• News
  • Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
In summary, these detachable poles are a new trend that are being marketed to people who are looking for a more challenging workout. The poles can be installed in a home and stored discreetly out of sight when not in use.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
What do you get when you're in a roomful of sweaty people in boas and fishnet stockings peeling their clothes off? Get your mind out of the gutter. It's totally legitimate and the hottest new workout trend: strip aerobics. [continued]
http://diet.ivillage.com/workouts/0,,79rwbc87,00.html
http://www.aerobicstriptease.com/store/customer/index.php

Soooooooo, do you think these women secretly desire to be strippers? Do they think this will turn on the guys? CNN reported that this is a new fad.

I don't get it.

Physics news on Phys.org
?

If its purpose is to just be a form of exercise, then why do they need to take their clothes off?? I just don't get it.

Well I guess it's for a special sort of person 'cause I doubt the cardio workout is as heavy as conventional dancing or simply running and doing light weights.

Ivan, you rat; not one of those links is as... informative... as I'd hoped. :grumpy:

Danger said:
Ivan, you rat; not one of those links is as... informative... as I'd hoped. :grumpy:

Is this better?
Album.aerobique.jpg

Much. Thank you.
Do I even want to know why you have that picture on hand?

Certain types of "striper" dances can actually be pretty difficult and require a lot of fitness and strength. Ones like the lap dance and pole dancing, tho if you are doing it for fun you leave your clothes on and wear some high heels. Its a growing trend

Ivan Seeking said:
Soooooooo, do you think these women secretly desire to be strippers? Do they think this will turn on the guys? CNN reported that this is a new fad.

I don't get it.
There comes a point in being overweight where a person starts to lose their gender and becomes asexual in other people's eyes. I'm fairly sure that any woman who's attracted to this particular exercize program is particularly interested in targeting that drawback to being fat. The fantasy of being able to convincingly pull off a striper routine must be very alluring to any woman who hasnt been complimented on the physical aspects of her gender in a long time due to being overweight.

I'd say it's much like the Greek guy with the speech impediment who aspired, not just to speak normally, but to be good enough to become an orator.

:rofl: this thread has 54 views

I think some people were expecting some pics

rhuthwaite said:
Certain types of "striper" dances can actually be pretty difficult and require a lot of fitness and strength. Ones like the lap dance and pole dancing, tho if you are doing it for fun you leave your clothes on and wear some high heels. Its a growing trend
And just how do you know this?! Hmmmm! :bugeye:

Seriously, dancing does take a certain amount of strength, stamina, coordination, agility. It can be good exercise. And it can be lots of fun with the right partner. :tongue2:

Unfortunately, I'm a terrible dancer. :frown:

Back when I was dating, and I dated a few girls who liked to dance, I never could relax for fear of stepping on my partner's foot or tripping. :rolleyes:

Astronuc said:
And just how do you know this?!

I dance so thought I would try it seeing that I believe you can't slam something without first trying it. It was a bit of a laugh felt kinda hoary though but do every once in a while

I just realized after that last post that we need a smilie with Groucho Marx eyebrows.

rhuthwaite said:
I dance so thought I would try it seeing that I believe you can't slam something without first trying it. It was a bit of a laugh felt kinda hoary though but do every once in a while

Okay, maybe its just my upbringing during the days of the women's rights movement, but isn't this a little degrading? Or, could there be a bit of a fantasy going here - to be adored and desired?

aye? what eyebrows are those?

Ivan Seeking said:
Okay, maybe its just my upbringing during the days of the women's rights movement, but isn't this a little degrading? Or, could there be a bit of a fantasy going here - to be adored and desired?

No fantasy and not degrading. I'm not doing it in front of any male and purely counting it as a different form of dancing and good exercise. As long as you don't take it too seriously or take it too far that's fine. And all clothes stay on.

From the link

...Detachable poles for the home
Businessman Randy Blacker, of San Jose, Calif., has patented detachable poles that can be installed in homes and stored discreetly out of sight when not in use. His company, Pacific International Marketing and Promotion, has been selling them for two years, including mail order, to just about every state, he said...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

They are introducing a two-pole system for women who are bipolar.

Thats taking it a bit far...

These :smile:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Grouchomarxpromophoto.jpg

He was a comedian a long time ago. He raised his eyebrows at the sight of anything unusual, especially a good looking babe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh well then I guess I am flattered Danger

kind of anyway

So I guess that it is a matter of intellectually dissociating the dance from its origins.

Oh well, got to go do my wieneraerobics.

1. What is Strip Aerobics?

Strip Aerobics is a new fitness trend that combines traditional aerobic exercises with sensual dance moves and elements of striptease. It is a high-energy workout that focuses on building strength, endurance, and confidence.

2. Is Strip Aerobics suitable for all fitness levels?

Yes, Strip Aerobics can be modified to accommodate different fitness levels. Beginners can start with basic dance moves and gradually increase the intensity as they become more comfortable. Advanced participants can add props or increase the speed and complexity of the routines.

3. Do I have to strip down to my underwear during the workout?

No, the name "Strip Aerobics" is more of a marketing ploy and does not require participants to actually strip down. It is up to the individual's comfort level, and most classes encourage participants to wear comfortable workout attire.

4. What are the benefits of Strip Aerobics?

Strip Aerobics is not just about physical fitness, but also about embracing one's body and building confidence. It can improve overall strength, flexibility, and cardiovascular health. It also serves as a fun and empowering form of self-expression.

5. Is it appropriate for men to participate in Strip Aerobics?

Absolutely! Strip Aerobics is for anyone regardless of gender. It is a non-judgmental and inclusive environment that welcomes all to join in on the fun and get a great workout.