Stupid question, and I have honestly attempted to find the answer elsewhere

• Thread starter leright
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Stupid
In summary, the conversation discusses the qualifications and recognition for becoming a homework helper or science advisor. The mentors encourage members to consistently provide helpful and accurate answers with a positive attitude, and not to be discouraged if they feel overlooked for awards. They also mention the consequences of too many negative posts, which may result in losing medals or even being banned from the community.
leright
But how does one become a homework helper or science advisor?

Physics news on Phys.org
leright said:
But how does one become a homework helper or science advisor?
The mentors discuss the contributions of members that consistently provide helpful, accurate answers, and with a good attitude.

Don't get discouraged if you think you have been overlooked and don't hesitate to ask if you think you should be considered. We get behind in awarding medals and sometimes some very good people get overlooked, sometimes because we all thought they had medals already because they were so good. (hey, we're only human). :redface:

Thanks evo. I will try to give more helpful advice.

I always wondered what these things were doing under my name. They just showed up one day, so I figured 'I dun good'.

Too many bad posts and they start taking away your medals. See how I'm no longer gold? After that they ban you!

cyrusabdollahi said:
Too many bad posts and they start taking away your medals. See how I'm no longer gold? After that they ban you!

You may receive our special award.
http://www.timvp.com/laughin1.jpg [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What makes a question "stupid"?

A question is often considered "stupid" if it is easily answered with a quick internet search or if it demonstrates a lack of understanding of basic concepts. However, no question is truly stupid, as asking questions is an important part of learning and gaining knowledge.

2. Why do people ask "stupid" questions?

People may ask "stupid" questions because they are genuinely curious and do not know where else to find the answer. It could also be due to a lack of prior knowledge or understanding of the topic. It is always important to approach "stupid" questions with patience and understanding.

3. How can I avoid asking "stupid" questions?

The best way to avoid asking "stupid" questions is to do some research beforehand. Use reliable sources, such as scientific journals or reputable websites, to gather information on the topic. It is also helpful to listen and pay attention to discussions or lectures related to the subject.

4. Is there such a thing as a truly "stupid" question?

No, there is no such thing as a truly "stupid" question. Every question is valid and can lead to a better understanding of a concept. It is important to remember that everyone has different levels of knowledge and asking questions is a way to bridge that gap.

5. How should I respond to someone who asks a "stupid" question?

When someone asks a "stupid" question, it is important to respond with patience and understanding. Avoid making them feel embarrassed or judged. Instead, try to guide them towards finding the answer themselves by suggesting resources or offering to explain the concept in a different way.