Is China's Organ Donation Refusal Selfish?

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
  • Tags
    China
In summary, the conversation is discussing the controversial topic of organ harvesting from executed prisoners in China, which has been brought to light by the British Transplantation Society. Some argue that it is selfish to refuse to donate organs, while others believe that it should not be done for profit and individuals have the right to refuse. The risks involved in organ donation are also mentioned.
Physics news on Phys.org
The British Transplantation Society (BTS) announced yesterday that an "accumulating body of evidence suggests that the organs of executed prisoners are being removed for transplantation without the prior consent of either the prisoner or their family."

Quite a line.

I'm not sure people should be asked to donate organs. I think its rather selfish if anyone refuses. Its not as if they need them when they're dead. I don't agree however that it should be done purely for profit.

Kurdt said:
Quite a line.

I'm not sure people should be asked to donate organs. I think its rather selfish if anyone refuses. Its not as if they need them when they're dead. I don't agree however that it should be done purely for profit.

its also selfish to refuse to donate organs while your alive. some people have sentimental attachment to their body parts.

devil-fire said:
its also selfish to refuse to donate organs while your alive. some people have sentimental attachment to their body parts.

I wouldn't go as far as yourself. People have the right to refuse whilst they're still alive.

devil-fire said:
While I'd probably do it, there is are very real risks in giving up an organ or part of an organ. I wouldn't have hard feelings against someone unable to stomach those risks.

What does "New low for China" mean?

"New low for China" refers to a situation or event that has caused a significant decrease in the country's reputation or standing, either domestically or internationally.

What are some examples of "New low for China"?

Examples of "New low for China" include political scandals, human rights abuses, environmental disasters, and economic downturns.

How does "New low for China" impact the country?

"New low for China" can have negative consequences for the country, such as damaging its image, reducing foreign investment and tourism, and causing social unrest among its citizens.

Is "New low for China" a recent phenomenon?

No, "New low for China" has been used to describe events throughout the country's history, but with the rise of social media and a more interconnected world, these events are now more widely reported and discussed.

What is being done to prevent or address "New low for China"?

The Chinese government has implemented various measures to address issues that contribute to a "New low for China", such as stricter regulations, increased oversight, and diplomatic efforts to improve relationships with other countries.