About M.S in AEROSPACE ENGINEERING which grad school

In summary: I don't know how this works for Masters-only candidates, but most PhD programs will offer some form of teaching assistantship.
jetcen
hey, i m a international student i was in a puzzle about going to erau / sdsu/ iit,chicago etc... till now i have acceptance from these and some scholarship and waiting from some schools to tell .
please help decide which will be better grad school for aerospace engineering
embry riddle
sdsu
iit
iowa state uni
u of minnesota
etc...
please help soon

Physics news on Phys.org
I can't read half of what you wrote. I don't know what iit is, sdsu is, erau is, and what is etc...?

man
it is sandiego state university,
erau is for embry riddle
iit is for illinois institute of tech
etc..

Any of them paying you?

yes
erau is paying 40 % schlorship i.e $8000 againist the total fees there is $20000
hence efective fees is 12000 a year plus boarding etcc separate
and iit
they have given me admission but stii waiting for schlorship from them it is under process currently

Ouch. Honestly, I would not go to grad school if I had to pay out of pocket. Thats just me. I would reapply and have my work pay for my education, or get a full ride.

Paying 12k a year for grad school is a bit absurd.

so if in future i got selected to NCSU or IIT , CHicago with 50 to 100 % schlorship should go there then or not . else i don't think i have a good option with a Quant on GRE is 800 but on VERBALL i have 400 makes it a total 1200 which i suppose might help .
please help me to jolt down to at least two for my good future

Everyones situation is different. I can't tell you what's best for you, you will have to decide that for yourself. I am sure one school stands out above the rest on your list academically, but that's necessarily the best school for you. If you get into the top school with no funding, are you willing to dump over $40k in two years?

Personally, I am not. I made my mind up that I would not pay a dime for grad school. If I was going to go, the school would have to give me a full ride and pay me, or my work would have to pay me a salary and pay for my school. Either way, I am not paying for grad school. If that limits my choice in grad school, so be it. I don't need debt up to my ears when I can get a MS for free.

thax for great suggest man

Keep in mind, if you do an MS and work, it will take you longer. But in the mean time you are going to be making $55k a year, plus getting a free MS degree. Your other option is doing an MS in 2 years and owing $20-30k. I like option number 1.

To quote a line from my uni's AA department: keep in mind that a degree from a US institution will not generally be of help in obtaining employment in the US Aerospace industry.

We're a bunch of semi-paranoid nutjobs lately, or something.

Grad school is already often questionable as to whether you can break even in the long run, i.e. increased earning potential vs. years spent earning nothing or accruing additional debt. Unless the program is seriously inferior, I would pick among the places that will pay for all your costs or at least leave you with the least debt.

hi, pals
i am interested from u guys to please let me know where to apply for this program in order to get good schlorship so that i won't be in any debt plus
i want from u guys to suggest me a university which can offer me good program and a nice schlorship in this course as i have a GRE score of quant 800 and verbal 400 with a total of 1200
please help guys

I keep hearing that they don't care as much about the verbal score. You may need to take a TOEFL test (English as a foreign language).

I know PhD candidates usually end up with a teaching assistantship or something like that to deal with their costs of education, but I'm not sure how this works for Masters-only candidates.

1. What is a M.S. in Aerospace Engineering?

A M.S. in Aerospace Engineering is a graduate degree program that focuses on the design, development, and maintenance of aircraft, spacecraft, and other aerospace systems. It combines principles of mechanical and electrical engineering, as well as physics and materials science, to prepare students for careers in the aerospace industry.

2. What kind of courses can I expect to take in a M.S. in Aerospace Engineering program?

Coursework in a M.S. in Aerospace Engineering program typically includes subjects such as aerodynamics, propulsion, flight mechanics, structures and materials, control systems, and spacecraft design. Students may also have the opportunity to specialize in a specific area, such as aircraft design, space systems, or avionics.

3. What are the admission requirements for a M.S. in Aerospace Engineering program?

Admission requirements may vary by institution, but most programs require applicants to have a bachelor's degree in engineering or a related field, such as physics or mathematics. Some programs may also require a minimum GPA and GRE scores. Relevant work experience or research experience may also be considered.

4. What are the career opportunities for graduates with a M.S. in Aerospace Engineering?

Graduates with a M.S. in Aerospace Engineering can pursue careers in the aerospace industry, working for companies such as Boeing, Lockheed Martin, or NASA. They may also work in government agencies, research institutions, or in academia as professors or researchers. Some common job titles for graduates include aerospace engineer, systems engineer, and spacecraft designer.

5. How do I choose the right graduate school for a M.S. in Aerospace Engineering?

When choosing a graduate school for a M.S. in Aerospace Engineering, it is important to consider factors such as program specialization, faculty expertise, research opportunities, and location. It may also be helpful to research the school's industry connections and job placement rates for graduates. Additionally, visiting the campus and talking to current students and alumni can provide valuable insights into the program and its strengths.