Geography IQ Test: Test Your Knowledge of the World

In summary: I remember my first game... I got a 79, but I'm not sure what my level or IQ was. I remember my first IQ that was over 100 was 101. That was a good day. :tongue2:⚛In summary, the conversation mainly consisted of a group of individuals discussing their experiences playing a geography quiz game online. Some shared their high scores and levels, while others talked about their strategies and techniques for playing. There was also some friendly banter and jokes exchanged among the group.
USA, 106k; world, 385k.

Physics news on Phys.org
Bystander said:
USA, 106k; world, 385k.
Wow.

I have this app on facebook. Here are my high scores I dug up:
World:
595,726 pts
Level: 12
Traveler IQ: 135

USA:
67,392 pts
Level: 6
Traveler IQ: 106

Canada:
156,834 pts
Level: 6
Traveler IQ: 111

IQ of 107 in the US geography in best of 2 games, didn't note the score.

IQ of 121, score 466k in the World geography in best of 3 games. Damn are those island nations are hard, especially when they're spread out. And why the hell did the stupid Dutch or whoever go all over the place naming everything “Guinea”? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guinea" in South America… grrr. Stupid imperialists totally blew my score.

Last edited by a moderator:
For US:
Final Score 72,918
Final Level 6
Travel IQ 108

My best was Waikiki Aquarium, off by 13 km. Sometimes I got this message: "This is Earth. You know that, right?"

I'll do it tomorrow at school on their highspeed ;-) Don't mean to brag but I should score fairly high (4 consecutive state geo bee attemps, 1 in the top 10)

Yeah, well if you do a total faceplant after bragging like that don't be doctoring the results you report. And tell us how you do on your first attempt, not what you get after playing it for six hours like [post=1607043]check[/post] there. :tongue2:

I'm lever 3
:((

CaptainQuasar said:
Yeah, well if you do a total faceplant after bragging like that don't be doctoring the results you report. And tell us how you do on your first attempt, not what you get after playing it for six hours like [post=1607043]check[/post] there. :tongue2:

Hey now, it wasn't SIX hours... it might have been ten. :p jk
I do remember my first high score though (roughly) and it was IQ 112-113 and Score ~390,000

Yeah, I was just roughing up the braggart. It was good of you to disclose that you were listing your high score.

CaptainQuasar said:
Yeah, I was just roughing up the braggart. It was good of you to disclose that you were listing your high score.

And just to test how much I remembered; after not playing at all for 3 or 4 months I just tried again and scored 441,076 on Level 10 :)

US: 132944 lvl 8

City nicknames in the America quiz owned me.

i got about 47,000 on by level four using a stupid mac touchpad. I'll try again in my computer class with an actually mouse!

World 463305 lvl 11 Russia killed me...

USA: 45K lvl: 4 IQ: 97 but not my continent of course
Canada: 133K lvl: 7 IQ: 106 but I've lived there from 1977-1979, helped.
Europa: 108k lvl: 8 IQ: 123 homeplate and looking at the map om a daily basis
World 396k lvl: 10 IQ: 114 OK Hmm Must study Africa.

Nice game

On Facebook I believe I am one of the top scorers of the game with a travel IQ of around 140.

Ooh, just discovered this thread! I'm playing this on the touchpad of my new laptop (my first laptop)...so I'm a little shaky. But US was fun - 84,745 on lvl 6. Next up...world!

Edit: World: 495,718 on lvl 11 (missed the cutoff by 100!)

Last edited:
76,905 on the US challenge. City nicknames gave me a lot of problems, plus a few of the 'famous' places. Starbucks is a famous place?

I scored 279,179 on the World challenge (Africa is pretty tough, as are islands too small to see.)

Edit: 102,631/121 on a second attempt on the US. Got a better draw on famous places, but an even worse draw on city nicknames. It's hardly fair to ask me about Cripple Creek and Garden of the Gods.

And does anyone know where Legoland is?

Last edited:
BobG said:
76,905 on the US challenge. City nicknames gave me a lot of problems, plus a few of the 'famous' places. Starbucks is a famous place?

What, you don't know about the 1998 Starbucks Treaty ending the Mexican-Canadian War? They decided they wanted to meet on neutral grounds.

BobG said:
I was guessing my way through more than half the nicknames. Was on the wrong coast with a couple! But everyone knows about the Starbucks in Seattle.

Just tried Asia - it was the first one I got through to the end. I must have lucked out on Northern Asia, because I don't know where any of the Russian towns are located, so I kept pointing in the Moscow - Leningrad region unless it had a slightly Islamic influence in the name.

Asia - 860,379 (lvl 12) IQ 126

I'm afraid to go near Europe. I wish they had a category on "Old Europe". I'd do much better on that. I don't know half the places in the new states that have risen to prominence over the last decade.

Edit: World Capitals - 392,817 (lvl 7) IQ 126. The Caribbean section's a killer!

Photos: 98,131 (4) IQ 100 - youch!

Last edited:
AAGGHH!

I can make to about round two! City Nicknames for the US screwed me up!

This is what happens when people in Iraq and South Africa don't have maps.

BobG said:
And does anyone know where Legoland is?
Which one. :rofl:

I know of one in Carlsbad, because it's not too far from the corporate office.

I think the original was in Denmark.

http://www.lego.com/eng/legoland/default.asp

What gets me is when they ask a city and there are several cities with that name. There's a West Valley, NY, where there was a commercial spent fuel reprocessing plant, but the Quiz was looking for the one in NV! That cost me plenty of points. :grumpy:

Last edited:
My Scores are :

WORLD : 488,881 ( IQ - 127 ) - ( Level 11 ) - stuck because of Russia and Islands !
EUROPE : 87,928 ( IQ - 117 ) - ( Level 8 ) - Stuck of Eastern/European Cities !
FLAGS OF WORLD : 542,433 ( IQ - 140 ) - Level 9 - ...
ASIA : 461,406 ( IQ - 118 ) - Level 11 - Stuck so much in the Final !

I got within 17 kilometers of the Hanging Gardens of Babylon.