Where can I find helpful resources for learning computer networking?

In summary, the person is looking to learn computer networking but is not sure where to start. They have already completed some programming courses and are looking for resources to continue learning. Another person suggests a website with basic networking concepts and a free A+ course. The person thanks them and hopes the resources will be helpful.
kthouz
I need to learn myself computer networkin but i don,t know where to begin. I've already done with some computer language program like C,C++,...
Can somebody give me a link where i can find notes or something else useful?
Thank you!

Computer science news on Phys.org
B. Elliott said:
Have you taken or looked into any A+ courses? http://www.e-learningcenter.com/free_aplus_course.htm [Broken]

A+? Never heard before. But thank you at all, i hope these web going to be useful for me!

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is a computer network?

A computer network is a group of interconnected devices, such as computers, printers, and routers, that can communicate and share resources with each other. It allows for the transfer of data and information between devices, enabling them to work together and access the internet.

2. Why is it important to learn about computer networks?

In today's technology-driven world, computer networks are essential for communication, collaboration, and accessing information. Understanding how networks operate and how to troubleshoot common issues can greatly improve productivity and efficiency in both personal and professional settings.

3. What are the different types of computer networks?

There are several types of computer networks, including Local Area Networks (LANs), Wide Area Networks (WANs), and Wireless Networks. LANs connect devices within a limited area, such as an office or home, while WANs connect devices over a larger geographic distance. Wireless networks use radio waves to connect devices without the need for physical cables.

4. How do I secure my computer network?

Securing a computer network involves implementing various measures to protect it from unauthorized access and potential threats. This can include setting strong passwords, using firewalls, installing antivirus software, and regularly updating software and firmware.

5. What are some common networking terms I should know?

Some common networking terms include IP address, which is a unique identifier assigned to each device on a network, bandwidth, which refers to the maximum amount of data that can be transmitted over a network at a given time, and router, which is a device that directs traffic between different networks. Other important terms include DNS, subnet mask, and gateway.