Who can tell the name of such organism.

• Thread starter BiBByLin
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Organism
In summary, the conversation is about someone looking for the name of an organism and someone else suggesting it may be an organic compound or molecule called 12-(1,4,7,10-tetraazacyclododecane)-dodecanethiol. The person is also reminded that organism refers to a living thing, not a compound or molecule.
BiBByLin
who can tell the name of such organism.

I want to buy it from agency, but I don't know how to call it!

It is very urgent, pls tell me, thx!

Attachments

• organism.bmp
    98.9 KB · Views: 544
Physics news on Phys.org
12-(1,4,7,10-tetraazacyclododecane)-dodecane disulfide.

Good luck finding it...

Perhaps you could make it from 12-(1,4,7,10-tetraazacyclododecane)-dodecanethiol.

Last edited:
thx!

BiBByLin said:
who can tell the name of such organism.

I am glad chemisttree was able to help you. But I was wondering (and to help you in case English is not your first language) did you mean to ask, what is the name of that organic compound or molecule?

(hint: organism refers to a living thing such as an animal, plant, fungus or microbe).

1. Who is responsible for naming organisms?

The International Code of Nomenclature for algae, fungi, and plants (ICN), and the International Code of Zoological Nomenclature (ICZN) are responsible for naming organisms. These codes provide guidelines and rules for naming new species and maintaining standardized names for existing ones.

2. Is there a specific process for naming organisms?

Yes, scientists follow a specific process known as binomial nomenclature when naming organisms. This involves assigning a unique two-part Latin name to each species, consisting of the genus and species names. This system was established by Carl Linnaeus in the 18th century and is still used today.

3. Can anyone name an organism?

No, only trained scientists who have conducted thorough research and established a new species can name an organism. This ensures that the names are accurate and follow the guidelines set by the ICN and ICZN.

4. Why do organisms have scientific names?

Organisms have scientific names to avoid confusion and provide a standardized way of identifying and communicating about different species. Common names can vary between languages and regions, but scientific names remain consistent and are recognized worldwide.

5. How do scientific names differ from common names?

Common names are often given to organisms based on their appearance or characteristics and can vary between languages and regions. Scientific names, on the other hand, are standardized and follow a specific format of genus and species names, making them more accurate and universally recognized.