Most anticipated albums of 2009

• Thread starter RiseAgainst
  • Start date
In summary, some of the most highly anticipated albums of 2009 were Taylor Swift's "Fearless", Lady Gaga's "The Fame Monster", Beyoncé's "I Am... Sasha Fierce", and Jay-Z's "The Blueprint 3". These albums were all released in late 2009, with "Fearless" and "The Fame Monster" both being released on November 18. They also featured surprise releases and unexpected collaborations, such as Beyoncé's hit single "Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)" and Lady Gaga's collaboration with Beyoncé on "Telephone". These albums were well-received by both critics and fans, with "Fearless" winning the Grammy Award for Album of the Year and "The Fame
RiseAgainst
I'm looking forward to The Gallows' Grey Britain and hopefully and new Rage Against The Machine album (fingers crossed).

Physics news on Phys.org
No thoughts then for any Miley Ray Cyrus albums that might come out with the breathlessly anticipated movie in April?

LowlyPion said:
No thoughts then for any Miley Ray Cyrus albums that might come out with the breathlessly anticipated movie in April?

It wasn't at the top of my list.:smile:

Prince is releasing 2 albums this year.Looking forward to those.Also The Family (2.0) are releasing a new album this year.Sounds good so far.
Prince rocks... :-)

1. What are some of the most highly anticipated albums of 2009?

Some of the most highly anticipated albums of 2009 include Taylor Swift's "Fearless", Lady Gaga's "The Fame Monster", Beyoncé's "I Am... Sasha Fierce", and Jay-Z's "The Blueprint 3".

2. When will these highly anticipated albums be released?

The release dates for these albums vary, but they were all released in late 2009. Taylor Swift's "Fearless" was released on November 11, Lady Gaga's "The Fame Monster" on November 18, Beyoncé's "I Am... Sasha Fierce" on November 18, and Jay-Z's "The Blueprint 3" on September 8.

3. Are there any surprise releases or unexpected collaborations on these albums?

Yes, there were some surprise releases and unexpected collaborations on these highly anticipated albums. For example, Beyoncé's "I Am... Sasha Fierce" featured the hit single "Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)" and Lady Gaga's "The Fame Monster" featured a collaboration with Beyoncé on the track "Telephone".

4. How have these albums been received by critics and fans?

Overall, these albums were well-received by both critics and fans. Taylor Swift's "Fearless" won the Grammy Award for Album of the Year in 2010 and Lady Gaga's "The Fame Monster" received multiple Grammy nominations. Beyoncé's "I Am... Sasha Fierce" and Jay-Z's "The Blueprint 3" were both commercial and critical successes as well.

5. How did these highly anticipated albums perform in terms of sales?

These albums were all highly successful in terms of sales. "Fearless" by Taylor Swift sold over 3 million copies in the United States in 2009 and "The Blueprint 3" by Jay-Z debuted at number one on the Billboard 200 chart. Lady Gaga's "The Fame Monster" and Beyoncé's "I Am... Sasha Fierce" also sold millions of copies worldwide.