Which AP Schedule Is Best for an Aspiring Engineer?

In summary, the person is trying to decide between two schedule options for next year, both of which include AP Calculus BC, AP Physics C, AP Literature, and a required Art 2-D class. The first option also includes AP Statistics, while the second option includes AP Environmental Science. The person is interested in pursuing a career in aerospace or biomedical/mechanical engineering and is seeking input on the two options. The expert suggests choosing the first option with AP Statistics as it may be more beneficial in the long term. They also mention the possibility of considering another class, such as AP Biology or a drafting/engineering class.
zaboda42
Next year scheduling! Please help!

So i have a choice of 2 schedules next year, them being:

AP Calculus BC (Calc I + II)
AP Statistics
AP Physics C (Calculus based)
AP Literature
Art 2-D (required)
Dual-enrollment class

or

AP Calculus BC (Calc I + II)
AP Environmental Science
AP Physics C (Calculus based)
AP Literature
Art 2-D (required)
Dual-enrollment class

I am a very good student in mathematics, I really want to become an aerospace engineer or a biomed/mechanical engineer. Thanks for any input.

Physics news on Phys.org

I don't think there's a big difference between the 2 choices. If I were you I'd chose the first option (Statistics) because it might be more helpful than Environmental Science in the long term.

I agree with fluidistic, Statistics would probably benefit you the most out of the two. Just out of curiosity though, have you thought of taking another class, instead of one of those two (maybe AP Biology - because of biomedical, or a drafting/engineering class)?

1. What is "Next year scheduling"?

"Next year scheduling" refers to the process of planning and organizing tasks, events, and activities for the upcoming year. This can include creating a schedule for work projects, classes, appointments, and personal goals.

2. Why is "Next year scheduling" important?

"Next year scheduling" is important because it allows for better time management and prioritization of tasks. It also helps to reduce stress and increase productivity by providing a clear plan for the year ahead.

3. How do I create a "Next year schedule"?

To create a "Next year schedule", start by setting goals and priorities for the upcoming year. Then, break down those goals into smaller, manageable tasks and assign them to specific time slots on a calendar or planner. Be sure to leave room for flexibility and adjustments as needed.

4. What are some tips for effective "Next year scheduling"?

Some tips for effective "Next year scheduling" include regularly reviewing and updating your schedule, prioritizing tasks based on importance and urgency, and blocking out dedicated time for breaks and self-care. It can also be helpful to use tools such as alarms, reminders, and to-do lists to stay on track.

5. How can I stay motivated to follow my "Next year schedule"?

Staying motivated to follow your "Next year schedule" can be challenging, but some tips include setting realistic goals, breaking tasks into smaller, achievable steps, rewarding yourself for completing tasks, and surrounding yourself with a supportive network of friends or colleagues. It can also be helpful to regularly revisit your goals and remind yourself of the bigger picture and why you are working towards them.