Expansion of time through space?

In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of time and its relationship with space, specifically in the context of the expanding universe. The speaker proposes a theory in which time is used as a measurement of the universe's expansion, with the expansion of the universe leading to the passage of time. The concept of space and time being intertwined is also mentioned, as well as the role of entropy in the passage of time. The speaker invites criticism and further discussion on their theory.
Nel
Time is one of the concepts on which no one really knows how it works. We know that we only conceive the present and the past, but cannot "remember" the future. But what makes it tick?

Einstein showed that space and time (both we thought to be separate from each other for a long time) are very heavily intertwined. However an interjections must be made here; for we still look at spacetime, in most experiments, as separate entities. But what if we are to look at spacetime as a single entity to describe and explain time its self.

Lets look and see what happens if we are to take space and time and use time as a measurement of expansion of the universe, that the more the universe expands the more time happens.

Now rewind 13.7 billion years to the big bang. But rather of thinking all matter is in a ball a billionth of a billionth of a billionth of a mm in space, think of Spacetime that small. now we fast forward in spacetime; the universe expands as well with the elapsed time do to the expansion (note: this does mean that for however much the universe expands there is a set limit of time within each measurement of expansion). As the Universe expands out on all sides consistently, the universes matter and energy spreads out and allows for a universal cool (making since of the 2.7 degree background radiation and taking care of inflation theories). This then allows for the universe to grow to its current size ( and works with each and all "lines" on the how the universe will expand, stabilize, or decrease).

Do to lack of mathematical education do to a young age i have no idea of how this theory, in which i hope to blow your mind, will actually play out in reality. I am also not sure how well i explained it. Please leave criticism comments and ask questions if you don't understand.

Space news on Phys.org

I find your theory very intriguing and thought-provoking. The concept of time has always been a mysterious and elusive one, and it is exciting to see new perspectives and ideas being proposed. I would like to offer some thoughts and insights on your theory.

Firstly, I agree with your point about space and time being intertwined. This is one of the key principles of Einstein's theory of relativity, which has been proven to be accurate through numerous experiments and observations. In this theory, space and time are not separate entities, but rather a single entity called spacetime. This means that any changes in space also affect time, and vice versa.

Your idea of using time as a measurement of expansion of the universe is interesting. It ties in with the concept of the expanding universe, which is supported by various observations such as the redshift of galaxies and the cosmic microwave background radiation. However, I would caution against equating the expansion of the universe with the passing of time. While the expansion of the universe does affect time, it is not the only factor that determines the passage of time.

In addition, the concept of time being a measurement of the universe's expansion raises the question of what existed before the big bang. If time is tied to the expansion of the universe, then it would imply that time did not exist before the big bang. This is a difficult concept to wrap our minds around, as it goes against our understanding of time as a linear progression.

Another point to consider is the role of entropy in the passage of time. Entropy is a measure of disorder or randomness in a system, and it is known to increase over time. This is why we perceive time as moving forward, as things become more chaotic and disordered. In your theory, it would be interesting to explore how the expansion of the universe and the increase in entropy are related.

Overall, your theory presents a unique perspective on the concept of time and the role of the universe's expansion in it. I would encourage you to continue exploring and developing your ideas, and to seek out collaborations with other scientists to further refine and test your theory. Who knows, you may just stumble upon a groundbreaking discovery! Thank you for sharing your thoughts and I look forward to seeing how your theory evolves.

1. What is the concept of "Expansion of time through space"?

The concept of "Expansion of time through space" refers to the idea that as objects move through space, time appears to pass at different rates for different observers. This is due to the effects of relativistic time dilation, where time runs slower for objects moving at high speeds relative to each other.

2. How does the expansion of the universe affect time?

The expansion of the universe does not directly affect time in the sense of making it pass faster or slower. However, it does affect the way we measure time. As the universe expands, light and other signals from distant objects take longer to reach us, making those objects appear to be moving away from us faster than they actually are. This means that the further out in the universe we look, the further back in time we are seeing.

3. Can the expansion of time through space be observed?

Yes, the effects of time dilation due to the expansion of space have been observed in experiments involving atomic clocks, as well as in the redshift of light from distant galaxies. This redshift is caused by the stretching of space itself, which affects the wavelength of light and can be measured using spectroscopy.

4. How does the expansion of time through space relate to the theory of relativity?

The concept of expansion of time through space is a result of Einstein's theory of relativity. According to this theory, time is not absolute and can be affected by factors such as gravity and relative motion. The expansion of time through space is a consequence of the fact that as objects move through space, they experience time differently due to the effects of relativity.

5. Is the expansion of time through space a proven phenomenon?

Yes, the expansion of time through space is a well-established phenomenon that has been confirmed through numerous experiments and observations. The theory of relativity, which predicts this expansion, has been widely tested and has consistently been shown to accurately describe the behavior of objects in our universe.