Looking for Google Wave Invite to Collaborate with Classmates

In summary: I think.In summary, the person writing this summary is trying to get a hook up so they can invite everyone from their math and physics course, live e-study sessions would be awesome. They remember this thread from a while ago, and they're curious about Wave. They think it's pretty cool, but they don't know what to do with it yet. They still have 20 invites left.
Monocerotis
Gold Member
anyone have any invites they can share ?

Trying to get a hook up so I can invite everyone from my math and physics course, live e-study sessions would be awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Computer science news on Phys.org
Oh, this is like the old PC sharing we had 30 years ago where a group of people could give or be given control of a document to make real time modifications that could be colaborated on real time and then saved to each individuals hard drive.

We would discuss via a web "chat" and with audio, if we wanted, and had a white board at the bottom of the screen for scribbles/notes (I don't think the google version is that advanced?).

YAWN!

My collaborators and I use common group emails to communicate with one another while writing papers, and we each choose a text color, and a level of ">>>>" or similar annotation so that we can we can order the comments and changes. It is simple and works very well. We sometimes extend similar techniques to formatted files transmitted as attachments, though by that stage, we have usually hashed out gross differences and are editing for form, not content.

If people are not willing to collaborate or contribute, nothing can work. This is the case I find in most study groups when you want to do something more than doing assignment on the night before the deadline.

Evo said:

Isn't it against the rules to put personal email here, Evo :devil:?

rootX said:
Isn't it against the rules to put personal email here, Evo :devil:?
I didn't, so I have no idea what you're talking about.

Evo said:
I didn't, so I have no idea what you're talking about.

I thought you always remove the email addresses as soon you see them in any post or I am just plain wrong here. OP has posted his personal email:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wouldn't that classify as an anonymous email?

Evo said:
Oh, this is like the old PC sharing we had 30 years ago where a group of people could give or be given control of a document to make real time modifications that could be colaborated on real time and then saved to each individuals hard drive.

We would discuss via a web "chat" and with audio, if we wanted, and had a white board at the bottom of the screen for scribbles/notes (I don't think the google version is that advanced?).

YAWN!

Show off. . .

Hey, I remember this thread from a while ago but I got into google wave today so I have 8 invites if any of you guys want any just send me a PM :)

Is it any good? lol?

magpies said:
Is it any good? lol?

It's pretty cool, I've just been messing around with it for a little bit though haven't really gotten the hang of all the different things. I have only 7 invites left by the way so just hit me up with a PM.

I'm torn I don't know for sure yet if I want it on my computer or not.

I generally don't like stuff made by google.

Does it have a chat room function? I love chat rooms lol.

I have 20 invites left, pm me if you want one.

magpies said:
Does it have a chat room function? I love chat rooms lol.

Rant: Stop using "lol". It's really, really annoying.

On topic: I still can't figure out what exactly Wave is good for. I have access to it, but I'm going to need to sit down for a few minutes and figure out what I should be doing with it.

TaylorRatliff said:
I have 20 invites left, pm me if you want one.

PM is out...

What is a Google Wave Invite?

A Google Wave invite is an invitation to join the Google Wave platform, which was an online communication and collaboration tool developed by Google. It allowed users to communicate and work together in real-time, similar to a combination of email and chat.

How do I get a Google Wave Invite?

At the time when Google Wave was active, invites were given out on a limited basis. Users could request an invite from someone who already had access to Google Wave, or they could sign up for the waiting list on the Google Wave website. Invites were also occasionally offered through promotions and contests.

What features did Google Wave have?

Google Wave had a variety of features that made it unique, including real-time collaboration, simultaneous editing, and the ability to add third-party extensions for additional functionality. It also allowed for organization through the use of "waves," which were similar to conversation threads.

Why did Google Wave shut down?

Google Wave was shut down in 2012 due to low user adoption and the emergence of other communication and collaboration tools. Despite its innovative features, it struggled to gain widespread popularity and faced competition from platforms such as Slack and Microsoft Teams.

Is Google Wave still available?

No, Google Wave was officially shut down in 2012 and is no longer available for use. However, some of its features and technology have been incorporated into other Google products, such as Google Docs and Google Drive.