Solve the Science Club Fundraiser Puzzle - Compound Interest

In summary, the science club made 58% of their money selling juice, 27% selling cookies, and 15% selling apples. They also made 87% selling juice. This means they made 29% (87% - 58%) selling cookies and 12% (87% - 75%) selling apples. This means they made 29% of their total money selling cookies and 12% selling apples.
mathametic
At a school fundraiser, the science club made 58% of their money selling juice, 27% selling cookies,and 15% selling appels . The club made 87% selling juice .How much did the club make selling cookies? How much did they make selling appels?
Please help me figure this out i am completely lost
Lots of Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
mathametic said:
At a school fundraiser, the science club made 58% of their money selling juice, 27% selling cookies,and 15% selling appels . The club made 87% selling juice .How much did the club make selling cookies? How much did they make selling appels?
Please help me figure this out i am completely lost
Lots of Thanks
Thank you all for helping if u did

1. What is compound interest?

Compound interest is the interest calculated on the initial principal amount as well as the accumulated interest from previous periods. In other words, it is the interest on interest. This can result in a much higher return on investment compared to simple interest.

2. How does compound interest work?

Compound interest works by adding the interest earned to the principal amount, creating a new larger balance. This new balance then earns interest, including the previous interest, and the cycle continues. This can lead to exponential growth over time.

3. How is compound interest different from simple interest?

Simple interest is calculated only on the initial principal amount, while compound interest includes the accumulated interest from previous periods. This means that compound interest results in a larger return on investment compared to simple interest.

4. How can compound interest be used to raise funds for a science club?

Compound interest can be used to raise funds for a science club by investing the initial funds into an account with compound interest. Over time, the interest earned will increase the total amount, allowing for a larger return on investment. This can be repeated over several compounding periods to grow the funds even more.

5. What factors affect the amount of compound interest earned?

The amount of compound interest earned is affected by the initial principal amount, the interest rate, and the compounding period. A higher initial amount, interest rate, and more frequent compounding will result in a larger return on investment.