Calculate the values of resistors and capacitors

In summary, if you want to build a switch that operates at very low resistance, you need to use a low-resistance switch. If you want to build a switch that operates at a specific frequency, you need to use an equation to calculate the resistance of the switch.
mudassarhanif
any body who can tell me how to calculate the values of resistors and capacitors in single pole double throw circuit?

Engineering news on Phys.org

if its a switch, very low resistance

dr

how much low that would be? approximately zero?

how can i calculate the values of capacitors and inductors involve in this circuit?

you need to provide more info on your specific application. a switch working as a SPDT (single pole double throw) would need no added circuits
resistance is depending upon the construction of the switch

dr

Basically, i am use this SPDT as a driver for pin diode and pin diode works as a switch.

now i need to operate that between 300 Mhz-3Ghz... so i need some equations to calculate the values of elements using in SPDT inorder to drive the pin diode to switch on and off

mudassarhanif said:
Basically, i am use this SPDT as a driver for pin diode and pin diode works as a switch.

now i need to operate that between 300 Mhz-3Ghz... so i need some equations to calculate the values of elements using in SPDT inorder to drive the pin diode to switch on and off

You already have a thread going on this subject in the EE forum:

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=399090

Please do not multiple-post across the forums with the same question.

Now, one of the problems in both of these threads has been that you have asked obtuse, obscure, poorly-defined questions, with very little in the way of details. This makes it hard for us to help you, and makes it very tedious to read these threads.

I understand that there is a language barrier issue, so it may be difficult for you to post much. But you really do need to provide much more detail about the circuit you are working with, or that you want to build, before we can be of help.

1. What is the formula for calculating the value of a resistor?

The formula for calculating the value of a resistor is Ohm's Law, which states that resistance (R) is equal to the voltage (V) divided by the current (I), or R = V/I.

2. How do I calculate the value of a capacitor?

The value of a capacitor can be calculated using the formula Q = CV, where Q is the charge stored on the capacitor, C is the capacitance in farads, and V is the voltage across the capacitor.

3. What units are used to measure resistance and capacitance?

Resistance is measured in ohms (Ω) and capacitance is measured in farads (F).

4. Can I use a calculator to calculate the values of resistors and capacitors?

Yes, you can use a calculator for these calculations. However, it is important to keep in mind that resistors and capacitors come in standard values, so you may need to round your calculated value to the nearest standard value.

5. How do I choose the appropriate resistor or capacitor for my circuit?

The appropriate resistor or capacitor for your circuit depends on the desired resistance or capacitance, as well as the power rating and tolerance. It is important to carefully select the components to ensure proper functioning of your circuit.