Where can I learn more about webs?

• Thread starter Etherian
  • Start date
In summary: Webs can be used to model complex systems, including words, ideas, and languages. You want to learn more about webs and how to apply them, but you haven't been able to find much through Google searches. You're asking for help from someone in the General Math community. In summary, the conversation is about the use of webs to model complex systems, particularly in the field of graph theory, and the speaker's search for information and assistance in this topic.
Etherian
I have always been interested in webs because their ability to model complex systems. I was recently thinking about how a web could be used to model words, ideas, even languages. I want to learn more about webs, maybe even how I could apply them myself, but I'm not sure where to look. I did a few simple Google searches, but all I found were articles relating to the internet and web geometry, which, while interesting, are not what I'm looking for. Since I do not know anyone I could ask, I thought someone here might have an idea. I posted this in General Math because I'm not sure what this would fall under.

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Etherian said:
I have always been interested in webs because their ability to model complex systems. I was recently thinking about how a web could be used to model words, ideas, even languages. I want to learn more about webs, maybe even how I could apply them myself, but I'm not sure where to look. I did a few simple Google searches, but all I found were articles relating to the internet and web geometry, which, while interesting, are not what I'm looking for. Since I do not know anyone I could ask, I thought someone here might have an idea. I posted this in General Math because I'm not sure what this would fall under.

What you're interested in is "graph theory".

What is a web?

A web, also known as the World Wide Web, is a system of interconnected documents and other resources, linked by hyperlinks and URLs.

How does a web work?

A web works through a client-server model, where a user's web browser sends a request to a web server for a specific webpage, and the server responds by sending the requested webpage back to the browser. This process is facilitated by protocols such as HTTP and HTTPS.

What are the components of a web?

The main components of a web include web servers, web browsers, web pages, hyperlinks, and URLs. Other components may include web hosting services, content management systems, and web development tools.

Where can I find resources to learn about web development?

There are many online resources available to learn about web development, such as tutorials, blogs, forums, and online courses. Some popular resources include W3Schools, Codecademy, and Coursera.

How can I stay updated on web development trends and technologies?

One way to stay updated on web development is to follow reputable websites and blogs that regularly publish news and articles about the industry. Additionally, attending conferences, workshops, and networking with other web developers can also provide valuable insights and information.