Tell me to get off the forums and revise more. I keep telling

• Thread starter Jerbearrrrrr
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolves around the speaker's struggle to find motivation to revise and their friend's suggestion to focus more on studying instead of spending time on forums. The conversation ends with a humorous image and a reminder to get back to studying.
Jerbearrrrrr
Tell me to get off the forums and revise more.:(I keep telling

Tell me to get off the forums and revise more.
:(

I keep telling myself that it's such a negligible amount of time that I need to devote [to revision] in comparison to my time on this planet but it's just so dull.

Physics news on Phys.org

Get off the forums and revise more. If you don't you'll end up humping burgers at the local mall. Hows that?

magpies said:
Get off the forums and revise more. If you don't you'll end up humping burgers at the local mall. Hows that?

Or one of those people who stands at an intersection with a big arrow pointing towards a mattress store sale. Get back to work, Jerbearrrrrr :smile:.

I see you're still online. Go revise.

[PLAIN]http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs548.ash1/31999_1440073317204_1094184362_1322762_1969473_n.jpg
my sister just sent me that, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. How important is revision when it comes to studying?

Revision is crucial for effective studying. It allows you to review and reinforce the material you have learned, identify any gaps in your understanding, and improve your retention and recall of information. It also helps you to better understand the material and apply it to different scenarios.

2. Why do I need to get off the forums and revise more?

The forums can be a major distraction from your studies. While they may provide some useful information, spending too much time on them can take away from the valuable time you could be using for revision. Additionally, revision is an active process that requires your full attention and engagement, whereas browsing forums is often a passive activity.

3. How often should I be revising?

The frequency of revision is dependent on the individual and the subject matter. However, it is generally recommended to revise regularly and consistently, rather than cramming all your revision into one session. This allows for better retention and understanding of the material. It is also important to spread out your revision over a period of time, rather than doing it all at once.

4. What are some effective revision techniques?

There are many different techniques that can be effective for revision, such as making flashcards, creating mind maps, summarizing notes, and teaching the material to someone else. It is important to find a technique that works best for you and your learning style. It is also helpful to mix up your techniques and not rely on just one method.

5. How can I motivate myself to revise more?

Motivation can be a challenge when it comes to revision. One way to motivate yourself is to set specific goals and rewards for completing them. You can also break up your revision into smaller, more manageable chunks and take breaks in between. It can also be helpful to study with a friend or in a group, as this can provide accountability and support.