Online Physics Books - Learn Physics and Astronomy

In summary, the person is new to the forum and is looking for an online physics book to help them learn. They express interest in pursuing a career in physics and astronomy. The response suggests getting a basic physics book from a public library and working through it, with the option to receive help on specific problems in the forum.
trentt
Hello,

I'm new here, so i'll probably be asking a lot of questions regarding physics. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone could post an online physics book or something that explains how to do simple physics questions and progressively get harder, cause I'm really interested in physics and astronomy and I hope to have a career in it one day.

Thank you.

Physics news on Phys.org
Trentt, we don't post books online here. I suggest that you get a basic physics book (your public library may have one) and begin working through it. Depending on your level of math background, that might be a high school text, or an intro college text such as those by Sears and Zemansky, or Halliday and Resnick. Try working the problems. If you get stuck on one, you can post your problem and attempted solution in the Homework forum and receive help. Good luck!

1. What topics are covered in online physics books?

Online physics books cover a wide range of topics such as mechanics, thermodynamics, electromagnetism, quantum physics, and astrophysics. They also include topics in astronomy such as cosmology, planetary science, and observational techniques.

2. Are online physics books reliable sources of information?

Yes, online physics books are reliable sources of information as they are written and reviewed by experts in the field. They often undergo rigorous peer-review processes to ensure accuracy and validity of the information presented.

3. Can I access online physics books for free?

Some online physics books are available for free, while others may require a subscription or purchase. However, many universities and institutions offer access to online physics books through their libraries or online databases.

4. Can online physics books replace traditional textbooks?

Online physics books can be a valuable supplement to traditional textbooks, but they cannot completely replace them. Traditional textbooks offer a more comprehensive and structured approach to learning, while online physics books may provide more updated and specialized information.

5. Are online physics books interactive and engaging?

Many online physics books offer interactive features such as simulations, videos, and quizzes to engage readers and enhance the learning experience. However, the level of interactivity may vary between different online physics books.