What is Energy with reference to Human energy and attraction of earth field.

In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of energy and its relationship to the human body, as well as Newton's laws and the role of gravity in energy. It also touches on the example of a helicopter hovering and the flawed reasoning of using time as a factor in potential energy calculations.
Pareshkumar
Human body is mass having energy. thanks to Joule it is proved.
Newton explained First, Second and Third laws.

Now,

1. Two equal amount of forces in opposite direction at a given time may not move the OBJECT as per third law of Newton. This is horizontal pull like Tug-of-War. Here 'x' amount of energy is released at one end, and as OBJECT is not moved in either direction opposite end may also have released equal amount of energy i.e. 'x'.
OBJECT is not moved and total release of energy is 'x'+'x'='2x'.

2. Now let you hold an OBJECT at one meter height having `X`kgs of weight for a given period of time this is a vertical position comparing to the tug-of-war. You are constantly releasing your energy with passing of time.

As time increases you release more energy and another person could replace you to hold the OBJECT in the same state of position, he would also release energy with passing of time...Now as per (1.) above OBJECT is not moved and equal amount of energy is released from opposite ends. If we measure amount of energy 'x' used to hold the OBJECT at given height during given time then it would be same amount of energy used from other end i.e. Earth due to effect of attraction on field. (GRAVITY?).

Thus, we can say that Gravity is source of energy and calculation of Potential energy (mgh), would it not be function of time? i.e. where‘t’ is time taken to hold an OBJECT.

Physics news on Phys.org
Your first premise is wrong: maintaining a static force does not have output energy and doesn't necessarily have input energy either. A person yes, a suspension bridge no.

thanks,

when a reply is 'a person yes', suspension bridge is non relevant. here with help of energy release attampt is made to prove new source of energy.

let me put further, to maintain its height a helicopter(here an object) say for rescue operation for an hour it has to continuously release energy(fuel) i. e. mass is at given height at the cost of release of energy. Now as per third law object could be in non equilibrium static state when equal amount of energy expended in opposite directions. therefore conclusion given in original example is correctly arrived.

Pareshkumar said:
1. Two equal amount of forces in opposite direction at a given time may not move the OBJECT as per third law of Newton.
No, that is Newton's second law.

Pareshkumar said:
This is horizontal pull like Tug-of-War. Here 'x' amount of energy is released at one end, and as OBJECT is not moved in either direction opposite end may also have released equal amount of energy i.e. 'x'.
OBJECT is not moved and total release of energy is 'x'+'x'='2x'.
No. Work is F.d and since d=0 the work is 0 regardless of F.

Pareshkumar said:
2. Now let you hold an OBJECT at one meter height having `X`kgs of weight for a given period of time this is a vertical position comparing to the tug-of-war. You are constantly releasing your energy with passing of time.
Even if you are lying down you are constantly releasing your energy with passing of time. Humans are very inefficient machines. That lack of efficiency does not imply that they are doing external work.

Pareshkumar said:
OBJECT is not moved and equal amount of energy is released from opposite ends.
Object is not moved therefore the work done on the object is 0.

Pareshkumar said:
Thus, we can say that Gravity is source of energy and calculation of Potential energy (mgh), would it not be function of time? i.e. where‘t’ is time taken to hold an OBJECT.
Gravity is a source of potential energy, but it is not a function of time, your above reasoning is severely flawed.

Pareshkumar said:
let me put further, to maintain its height a helicopter(here an object) say for rescue operation for an hour it has to continuously release energy(fuel) i. e. mass is at given height at the cost of release of energy. Now as per third law object could be in non equilibrium static state when equal amount of energy expended in opposite directions. therefore conclusion given in original example is correctly arrived.
A hovering helicopter doesn't do work against gravity, it only does work against the air.

1. What is energy?

Energy is a fundamental property of the universe that is present in all matter and can be transferred from one form to another. In the context of human energy and the earth's field, energy refers to the potential and kinetic energy that humans possess and the interactions between this energy and the earth's magnetic field.

2. How does human energy interact with the earth's magnetic field?

The human body produces electromagnetic fields through the activity of the nervous system and the movement of charged particles in the body. These fields interact with the earth's magnetic field, which is created by the movement of molten iron in the planet's core. This interaction can influence the flow of energy within the body and may also have an impact on emotions and moods.

3. Can human energy be measured?

While there is currently no scientific instrument that can directly measure human energy, there are various methods that can indirectly measure aspects of human energy, such as brain activity, heart rate, and electromagnetic fields. However, the concept of human energy and its measurement is still a subject of ongoing research and debate.

4. Is the concept of human energy scientifically valid?

The concept of human energy is a complex and multifaceted one that is still being explored by scientists. While there is evidence to suggest that humans do possess and emit energy, the exact nature and mechanisms of this energy are still not fully understood. Therefore, the scientific validity of the concept of human energy is still a topic of discussion and research.

5. Can human energy be harnessed for practical use?

At this time, there is no scientific evidence to support the idea that human energy can be harnessed for practical use. While there are many claims and practices that suggest otherwise, there is currently no scientifically proven method for harnessing human energy for practical purposes.