FDA - Facebook Displays of Affection

• Thread starter Pengwuino
  • Start date
In summary, people on Facebook are posting love-related nonsense to try and show how much they care, but it's really just immature and annoying. Adults who do childish things are so immature. If this isn't a venting projecting cry for amateur psychology help then by goodness I'm not a real armchair internet doctor!
Pengwuino
Gold Member
My GOD, does anyone else get annoyed at people who post little love notes or love-related nonsense as their facebook status or similar? A friend of mine posted something stupid as her status because of her bf, something like "i never knew love until you came along" or some ******** like that. Now, this girl is a grown-*** woman, at least physically. No one on my facebook list is less than 24 or 23, yet I still occasionally have people who will write crap like that as their status.

WHY??

I really want to know, psychologically, what is going on with people that do things like this?

Physics news on Phys.org
irony :rolleyes:

It's a social networking site. The times when people acted like normal social beings who went OUT to converse about things like that are over. So what other medium for people of any age to waste their time glorifying their personal love lives other than Facebook?

Pengwuino...I love you for this thread. I hate it too. I have one friend who puts this stuff up almost every day. One day I decided to gently call her out by saying "You know, it's actually acceptable for you to communicate these things in private." She blew up and got really mad.

Coincidentally, she's slept with around ~80 men and has some serious security issues. I'd say it's related.

My GOD, does anyone else get annoyed at people who post little love notes or love-related nonsense as their facebook status or similar?

Yes! Facebook is serious business.

A friend of mine posted something stupid as her status because of her bf, something like "i never knew love until you came along" or some ******** like that.

People who are happy about something should be shown the true nature of the world until their spirits are broken.

Now, this girl is a grown-*** woman, at least physically. No one on my facebook list is less than 24 or 23, yet I still occasionally have people who will write crap like that as their status.

Adults who do childish things are so immature!

WHY??

I really want to know, psychologically, what is going on with people that do things like this?

They're obviously sick. What kind of humane person would do such things?!

If this isn't a venting projecting cry for amateur psychology help then by goodness I'm not a real armchair internet doctor! How do you feel about your mother ... ?

KingNothing said:
Pengwuino...I love you for this thread. I hate it too. I have one friend who puts this stuff up almost every day. One day I decided to gently call her out by saying "You know, it's actually acceptable for you to communicate these things in private." She blew up and got really mad.

Coincidentally, she's slept with around ~80 men and has some serious security issues. I'd say it's related.

I'd pay for those transcripts.

Zryn said:
People who are happy about something should be shown the true nature of the world until their spirits are broken.

Damn straight! And kicked in the shins as well!

If this isn't a venting projecting cry for amateur psychology help then by goodness I'm not a real armchair internet doctor! How do you feel about your mother ... ?

She knows how to make some good lasagna, that's for sure!

She knows how to make some good lasagna, that's for sure!

Lasagna obviously being a metaphor for saucy meat with a hint of cheese. Interesting, go on ...

I don't see FDA but I do get annoyed by love for god posts (quran quotes or jesus saviors) sometimes. So I changed settings not to show any messages on news feed from those friends :uhh:.

It is super annoying! I have a friend that keeps doing this. Mind you, this is a grown man... Soooo annoying!

rootX said:
I don't see FDA but I do get annoyed by love for god posts (quran quotes or jesus saviors) sometimes. So I changed settings not to show any messages on news feed from those friends :uhh:.

Yah I see those posts, namely from people commenting on other peoples posts. It's funny because through my friend's interaction with the person popping up on my wall, I know most of the time they're drama queen/total jerks, yet still get high and mighty with the bible talk.

I guess you hate FDA because you've not met him/her to know love!:biggrin:

Lisa! said:
I guess you hate FDA because you've not met him/her to know love!:biggrin:

Pff bad lisa!

I have and we never did crap like that.

Biggest one for me is people who fill up my wall complaining about others spamming their wall...

My account is currently in the 'deactivated' pile.

JaredJames said:
Biggest one for me is people who fill up my wall complaining about others spamming their wall...

... that... sounds odd.

The solution is simple, follks: just don't use facebook.

This whole "comminucation" thing us wildly overrated IMHO. All it leads to is misunderstandings, or worse sorts of trouble :smile:

Social Site.

Is this the thread where I brag about not having a facebook?

Pengwuino said:
Pff bad lisa!

I have and we never did crap like that.

Oh that's not the right penguin for you!:wink:

PS:Partly kidding, I don't feel like good about FDA and PDA!o:)

I've never had a facebook account.. will he pay me to get one?

1. What is FDA?

FDA stands for "Facebook Displays of Affection". It refers to the public display of romantic or affectionate behavior on Facebook.

2. Is FDA a common behavior on Facebook?

Yes, FDA is a very common behavior on Facebook. Many users express their love and affection for their partners publicly on the platform.

3. What are some examples of FDA?

Examples of FDA include posting lovey-dovey messages, sharing couple photos, publicly declaring one's relationship status, and leaving comments on each other's posts expressing love and affection.

4. Are there any potential risks associated with FDA?

Yes, there are potential risks associated with FDA. Public displays of affection on social media can lead to privacy concerns, jealousy, and even relationship problems if one partner feels uncomfortable with the level of display.

5. Can FDA have any positive effects?

Yes, FDA can have positive effects as well. It can strengthen the bond between partners, showcase their love and commitment to each other, and even inspire others to express their love more openly.